Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:39 pm Our plugins come with a user-friendly copy-protection: No dongle, no cloud, no data-collection, no need to be online, does not install an additional 'license-manager' or driver
And I very much appreciate that fact. :tu:

Anyway I'm working with Icarus 3 today and I notice that my personal information doesn't always show either in the upper right hand corner of the main GUI or in the bottom of the browser. Sometimes it does.

Is that intended behavior? Is it a timing thing where the info only shows once in a while or something I should be concerned about in regards to a possible license issue ?

(It was not showing when I started this message but is back to showing again now)

Again I don't care one bit that my information shows at all but if it should show at all times then I'll go ahead and report that it does not always show here just in case.

It's kind of hard to see (or not see) but here's a screenshot where the info does not show:

Icarus 040924-2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is intended. The randomness makes it technically more difficult to bypass the protection for the hackers.

Your license works as expected.

Please note that we can't discuss security related topics in a public forum. Send an email or a PM if you have questions.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Ok as long as it's intended behavior.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I got the upgrade from Icarus 2. Not going to say it's cheap, but it's good value for the money. The new presets alone are a big chunk of the price, normally preset packs cost $10 - $30 for 50-100 presets.
Plus all the new synthesis features and tweaks...

And here I thought Markus was quitting KVR... 😂

DashOfLime wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:33 pm And here I thought Markus was quitting KVR... 😂
have you not read any of this thread? he's promoting icarus3, and there's been lots of discussion. and he can quit whenever he wants (or return whenever he wants)....

I agree with fisherking, its all about icarus here which I'm really blown away with it !
Its a crime for Markus to leave kvr because of some muppets lol .

fisherKing wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:44 pm
DashOfLime wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:33 pm And here I thought Markus was quitting KVR... 😂
have you not read any of this thread? he's promoting icarus3, and there's been lots of discussion. and he can quit whenever he wants (or return whenever he wants)....
I've been on this board since 2004 and literally have read every post in this thread :lol: Promoting?

"Preventing people from sharing their personal licence keyz with all their friendz in the internetz.
If you need a key without personal info for the purpose of streaming videos feel to contact us"

or

"I already have given an answer to you. Deal with it or don't buy it."

Yeah thats really promoting Icarus 3 :lol: That first quote was a response to a guy just asking why the user's private information is appearing in the GUI of the plugin, which frankly is weird, I don't have a single other plugin that does this. And instead of just giving a straight-forward answer he gives some smart ass answer. Guy can't help himself.

I'm sure he appreciates your White Knight Syndrome tho :lol:

Can't say I find that response weird, if I were a developer I'd probably respond the same way.
He also offers a solution for streamers.

RPH wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:58 am Can't say I find that response weird, if I were a developer I'd probably respond the same way.
He also offers a solution for streamers.
It was a fine answer... the only people who would bring it up are people looking to start sh*t.

Brilliant update.

Im not usually one to coment or care about gui but do really appreciate the updated graphics. New oscillator and filters are very nice too!

Icarus is easily my favourite vst synth. And I have serum, komplete, arturia collection, viper, sylenth and so on.

It just sounds great and a joy to program. Low cpu useage, Included fx are excellent so it's one of those I don't find myself stacking huge chains on.

Honestly think it's ridiculous how under the radar Icarus and other tone2 synths are!
If I were tone2 I would send out licences to all those youtube influencer types.. love them or hate them there is no denying it works for promotion. And I doubt most of these people would buy anything otherwise so its not a lost sale

DashOfLime wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:54 am
fisherKing wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:44 pm
I've been on this board since 2004 and literally have read every post in this thread :lol: Promoting?

"Preventing people from sharing their personal licence keyz with all their friendz in the internetz.
If you need a key without personal info for the purpose of streaming videos feel to contact us"

or

"I already have given an answer to you. Deal with it or don't buy it."

Yeah thats really promoting Icarus 3 :lol: That first quote was a response to a guy just asking why the user's private information is appearing in the GUI of the plugin, which frankly is weird, I don't have a single other plugin that does this. And instead of just giving a straight-forward answer he gives some smart ass answer. Guy can't help himself.

I'm sure he appreciates your White Knight Syndrome tho :lol:

ignoring all the posts that describe features, etc is a cheap move. :clap: and being on the forums since 2004 is irrelevant; this thread started november 2023! and everyone who read it, read it!

so, not sure what your point is. but leaving out what doesn't work for your rant proves nothing. nothing at all...

Question for tone2: It was mentioned in I think the default skin thread that there was a version of the "Elegant" skin that also had indication of bipolar controls (that default at center), whixh was lost in the elegant skins i checked. I searched but couldn't find it. Which skin were you referring to?

I tried to post this at the Tone 2 support forum but I don't see a way to upload or drag and drop an image. Clicking on the image icon just inserts the [img] tags. I'm probably just missing it as the forum is in a different format than KVR that I'm not as familiar with.

Anyway I notice when trying to use Quick Save on a patch that's been edited I get the following message:

Icarus 041024-2.png

As shown the patch does already have a name and it's already been saved so I'm not sure what's going on.

Also when I go to "Save As" the name of the current patch does not display in the file name box. The file does exist in my patch folder.

Neither of these are critical issues but it does seem like it's not operating as one would expect. But again perhaps the error is mine. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

would be cool if the ARP/Sequencer would have a randomizer function :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”