Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:02 pm Also when I go to "Save As" the name of the current patch does not display in the file name box. The file does exist in my patch folder.

Neither of these are critical issues but it does seem like it's not operating as one would expect. But again perhaps the error is mine. :)
Not sure why this happens. Try using File->'Save patch as' to store your patch. Make sure that you properly enter a name including the file extention.
If it doesn't help restart the synth.
If it still doesn't work send me an email. I'll investigate it.
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Caine123 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:21 pm would be cool if the ARP/Sequencer would have a randomizer function :D
It already has one. Withing the arp section select Tools->'Init random pattern'
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:53 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:02 pm Also when I go to "Save As" the name of the current patch does not display in the file name box. The file does exist in my patch folder.

Neither of these are critical issues but it does seem like it's not operating as one would expect. But again perhaps the error is mine. :)
Not sure why this happens. Try using File->'Save patch as' to store your patch. Make sure that you properly enter a name including the file extention.
If it doesn't help restart the synth.
If it still doesn't work send me an email. I'll investigate it.
HI, i think that's an old thing...
Happens to me only when "you" create a new folder inside a session and then try to save..
If you save within an already existing folder when session started it doesn't happen, right?
[+-80 folders icarus user :D ]
The next time you start icarus that folder is already recognized and should have no problems/recognize the folder/file name when saving patches/presets.

Is that what's happening too?

Thanks but no, that is not what's happening. I'm saving into the same folder that I've been using since version 2.5 so it's not a "new folder created inside of a session".

Init a patch, make some changes then use "Save Patch As" in order to and save and name the patch.
Make some more changes and use "Quick Save Patch". The following message pops-up:

Icarus 041024-2.png

As you can clearly see the patch already has a name. It has already been saved and is found in my custom preset folder along with all the rest.

Anyway I've sent a message to Tone 2 support so we'll take it from there. :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Markus, any chance of using a bigger font in the newer GUIs to better differentiate the various sections of the synth, like in the original one? Or a chance for the original theme with no tilting of the knobs?

Making the fonts bigger is difficult as longer text could get clipped, however there is 'high contrast' skin that makes them more readable. Click on setup->Select skin->'Dark high contrast'.
The original 'classic' theme will not be available in a 2d view. It's too much work.

Best Regards,
Markus

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:38 am Making the fonts bigger is difficult as longer text could get clipped, however there is 'high contrast' skin that makes them more readable. Click on setup->Select skin->'Dark high contrast'.
The original 'classic' theme will not be available in a 2d view. It's too much work.

Best Regards,
Markus
Many plugins from other companies have dark high contrast skins. Did they work with you when you made this one? It seems like you lifted the trade dress from other plugins

We created our own corporate design so that people easily recognize them as a 'Tone2 product'. It was done with big effort in photoshop and 3d rendering software over many years.
A few graphics for the knobs were licensed from here:
https://uimother.com/

We respect intelectual property
Last edited by Tone2 Synthesizers on Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

IvyBirds what is this crusade you are on?? You are starting to get very annoying, obnoxious and most of all show yourself to be very ignorant or insensitive to the concept of design language.

Obviously, enough independent parties and individuals have said that the looks reminded them of they way Tone 2 has styled Saurus (including me.. so much so in fact that I immediately thought Tone 2 must have done the design). And none of that has to do with the use of wooden panels, knobs for controls etc.

That’s a fallacy you have dug yourself into and for some reason can’t seem to look beyond.

In three separate threads you are calling everyone and their mother a moron for not seeing things your way.

We can agree to disagree.

Starting to?

Apparently I might be an idiot or a paid shill, because I too took one look at the Behringer GUI and immediately wondered if Tone2 had a hand in it.
Anyway sorry, this thread is about Icarus.

rsp
sound sculptist

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:01 pm We do not clone graphic styles from other products or companies.
We created our own corporate design so that people easily recognize them as a 'Tone2 product'. It was done with big effort in photoshop and 3d rendering software over many years.
A few graphics for the knobs were licensed from here:
https://uimother.com/

We respect intelectual property
Yes clearly your plugins look so similar to each other that it's easy to tell they are all from the same company

And were you respecting the IP of Moog, Sequential, Oberheim, etc when you modeled their filter designs?

yup..another one for the foe list...tiresome

LFO8 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:04 pm IvyBirds what is this crusade you are on??
Apparently we can't agree to disagree because you seem to be taking issue with me asking about the skin used on Icarus3 three from the designer of the plugin

To me its very obvious the design is derivative from other plugins so much I wonder if other companies had a hand in it. Why are you allowed to ask about it but I can't? This is a fascinating topic one Marcus has chosen to participate in so much so that he himself started new threads about

Forgive me for asking a follow up question to his statement on the skins of his products

You've had your answer; they weren't involved in the Behringer thing.
You made an observation; some of the GUIs on Tone2 plugins look different from each other.

If you can't keep on topic, go and make some music and stop using your terrible 'legal' speak to misunderstand things; this territory might not be for you.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:19 am Thanks but no, that is not what's happening. I'm saving into the same folder that I've been using since version 2.5 so it's not a "new folder created inside of a session".

Init a patch, make some changes then use "Save Patch As" in order to and save and name the patch.
Make some more changes and use "Quick Save Patch". The following message pops-up:

Icarus 041024-2.png

As you can clearly see the patch already has a name. It has already been saved and is found in my custom preset folder along with all the rest.

Anyway I've sent a message to Tone 2 support so we'll take it from there. :wink:
It could also happen if the folder you're saving is in [Icarus 2.5 -> Sounds].... instead of [icarus 3-> sounds]
(from what i remember icarus only references the folders in [icarus (Version being used)->sounds]
It still saves the preset with - save as: ___ - but quick save doesn't work.

if you copied the folder to [icarus 3-> sounds] then i'm lost... wait for tone2 reply i guess..

Return to “Instruments”