Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 pm We are aware that the factory content of Icarus1 and 2 was too much dance/electro focused. The sounds were too much right-into-your face. And there were too many simple sounds which did not properly show the potential of the synth. With Icarus3 we added mostly complex and nuanced sounds with lots of focus on detail and atmosphere.
That's great also for expanding the range of people potentially interested in the synth. And it will provide new sounds as basis for further development in ambiance/atmos/pads, possibly with a bit of soft arps here and there. So much can be done.

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:57 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:50 pm
mevla wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:47 pm ....
Hopefully not sounding like an advert here. I still think that if the marketing was made to include more nuances, the potential number of customers could grow.
Which I thought was your central point before too.
And I agree with you.
rsp
We are aware that the factory content of Icarus1 and 2 was too much dance/electro focused. The sounds were too much right-into-your face. And there were too many simple sounds which did not properly show the potential of the synth.
With Icarus3 we added mostly complex and nuanced sounds with lots of focus on detail and atmosphere.
And I can make Icarus 3 sound like a Prophet, as well as an Esnoniq or Waldorf-style pad machine. Check out these audio examples!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm 'super saws, trancegates and arpeggiators'.....'got stale decades ago.'
Signed, a european who had been listening to the infamous 'Tarnce' since around 1994. :hihi:
It's all pitch shifted farts and construction equipment noises now didn't you know. :party:

seafire wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:01 pm That trance track is awful, proper cheese fest :hihi:
Uplifting bog standard 'Tarnce' has been cheese for over 20 years, where have you been? :hihi:

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:50 pm
fisherKing wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:38 pm full disclosure: i removed the 'wobble' folder from the icarus3 (beta) files, and all is well. i needed to do that.
:lol:
For some kind of similar personal reason you'll never find badly tuned violin, ocarina or recorder-flute samples in Tone2 products. If it's too much out-of-tune it must be extinguished :borg:
ha, but... i am converting ALL the wobble sounds into: badly-tuned violin, ocarina, and recorder-flute sounds (i need a moustache-twirling emoji here)

lotus2035 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:04 pm
seafire wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:01 pm That trance track is awful, proper cheese fest :hihi:
Uplifting bog standard 'Tarnce' has been cheese for over 20 years, where have you been? :hihi:
Not an excuse when you have Paul van Dyk, Armin van Buren, Ralphie B, Solarstone, and Underworld.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm Without super saws, trancegates and arpeggiators life would be pretty dull for me. We'd be stuck with boring analog sounds that got stale decades ago.

Anyway, taking super saws, gates, and arps from Icarus would be like taking the wheels off of a Ferrari. :lol:
Trance was stale upon arrival, IMO. Reminds me of the time I bought a natural gas Honda Civic. I stopped at my wife’s workplace to show her, and all her colleagues came out to see it. Other than the CNG engine, it was a bog standard Civic, yet it got all the attention… as the exotic car shop across the street was unloading a Lotus off a flatbed. :lol:

I don’t care what anyone likes, or what presets come with a synth. Clearly Tone2 synths offer enough features and flexibility to make anyone happy, if they have the motivation to make it their own. I’m not even really against Trance gates, super saws and arpeggiators. I’m more against the copycat use of them that seems to be so overused it quickly became cliche.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm Without super saws, trancegates and arpeggiators life would be pretty dull for me. We'd be stuck with boring analog sounds that got stale decades ago.

Anyway, taking super saws, gates, and arps from Icarus would be like taking the wheels off of a Ferrari. :lol:
Trance was stale upon arrival, IMO. Reminds me of the time I bought a natural gas Honda Civic. I stopped at my wife’s workplace to show her, and all her colleagues came out to see it. Other than the CNG engine, it was a bog standard Civic, yet it got all the attention… as the exotic car shop across the street was unloading a Lotus off a flatbed. :lol:

I don’t care what anyone likes, or what presets come with a synth. Clearly Tone2 synths offer enough features and flexibility to make anyone happy, if they have the motivation to make it their own. I’m not even really against Trance gates, super saws and arpeggiators. I’m more against the copycat use of them that seems to be so overused it quickly became cliche.
Then whats not a cliche? You are a copy of your dad, that seems to be a cliche. :)

seafire wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:47 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:21 pm
Can we hear one of your tracks? :P
Am I only allowed an opinion if my track is good in your opinion?
Are you allowed to insult the work of others when they don't have the same opportunity to critique yours?

It's easy to talk smack but much harder to back it up....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

lotus2035 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:52 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:46 pm 'super saws, trancegates and arpeggiators.'
Signed, an idiot who had been listening to the infamous 'Tarnce' since around 1994. :hihi:
It's all pitch shifted farts and construction equipment noises now didn't you know. :party:
Please don't misquote me. Like I said I don't do trance but I do know that supersaws have a place in other genres. But then I am able to think outside the box so perhaps that's the difference.

I realize we're at KVR where people get orgasmic when yet another simple two osc synth with five old waveforms is released but the world of synthesis is far deeper that that....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:02 pm
Trance was stale upon arrival, IMO.
As I said I don't do trance but I'm smart enough to know that supersaws have a place outside of trance. Even gated sounds and arps have a place in other genres and play a big part in my music.

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:29 pm
Are you allowed to insult the work of others when they don't have the same opportunity to critique yours?
Of course, it's in the public domain on a forum. As far as I am aware, it's not illegal to have an opinion. If it was, you would be doing a life sentence.

seafire wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:46 pm Of course, it's in the public domain on a forum. As far as I am aware, it's not illegal to have an opinion. If it was, you would be doing a life sentence.
No of course it's not illegal to have an opinion. It's also not illegal to have some class and not call someone's music "awful" when you don't have the balls to give him the same opportunity to hear your tracks.

Anyway back on Icarus....great synth. Looking forward to version 3 April 5th. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:29 pm
Yes.Some people literally have this as a profession.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”