Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Missing something here? heh

Looking good!

that thing sounds fantastic

here's something right up my alley, seldom the case with synths et moi. Certainly going to buy in Feb.

Juicy Luxury Depturism

BBFG# wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:59 pm By current deduction, maybe sample base analog?
An Omnisphere with u-He filters?
It has two OSCs, each represented by an "Iris". You can drag any sample and it gets re-synthesised via machine learning to an internal (roughly additive) model. But this is just the starting point for the OSC ... this is a novel synthesis engine that allows you to transform the sound in any direction with the "Cockpit" controls. For example you can give it a more analog touch, or make it more "string like" or "brass like" or dirty etc.

Or create FM like timbres: you don't need to set millions of envelopes, operators, algorithms ... and as it works on the re-synthesised sample the result is varied and organic. This is called "velvet FM". Sure enough all these controls can be modulated / automated as much as you want.

Each OSC then has a section of "Modules" - there is a variety to choose from. It gives you the flexibility of a modular synth, but without the cables, its organised like a pedal board with signal flowing from left to right. Some modules are classic like analog modelled filters (including dirty diode models), others are new, for example "Orbit-Modulation".

One highlight is a trainable Modal Filter - simply drag and drop a sample and it gets analysed. Then you can trigger this filter to resonate with the spectral modes of your sample - this is great for example for tuned percussion like Hang, PanDrum or Timpani, but of course there is unlimited potential for sound design. A bit like physical modelling - but much easier to use.

The comb filter can be run in classic mode, which we all know and love. But it also comes with a new "PHYSIS" mode, which has a very nice sound that can be shaped nicely when altering the tuning of the filter.

And I could not resist to add some idiosyncratic stuff ... for example an "Atari Punk" module which models the sound character of Lunetta-style CMOS synths. This may seem odd from a first glance .. but you will change your mind once you feed a re-synthesized drum loop through the Atari Punk, drive it hot to produce tuned CMOS noise and feed this into the Modal filter, that you trained with a Marimba sample ...
Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 07.08.30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gimme gimme gimme

PetVor wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:33 am
BBFG# wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:59 pm By current deduction, maybe sample base analog?
An Omnisphere with u-He filters?
It has two OSCs, each represented by an "Iris". You can drag any sample and it gets re-synthesised via machine learning to an internal (roughly additive) model. But this is just the starting point for the OSC ... this is a novel synthesis engine that allows you to transform the sound in any direction with the "Cockpit" controls. For example you can give it a more analog touch, or make it more "string like" or "brass like" or dirty etc.

Or create FM like timbres: you don't need to set millions of envelopes, operators, algorithms ... and as it works on the re-synthesised sample the result is varied and organic. This is called "velvet FM". Sure enough all these controls can be modulated / automated as much as you want.

Each OSC then has a section of "Modules" - there is a variety to choose from. It gives you the flexibility of a modular synth, but without the cables, its organised like a pedal board with signal flowing from left to right. Some modules are classic like analog modelled filters (including dirty diode models), others are new, for example "Orbit-Modulation".

One highlight is a trainable Modal Filter - simply drag and drop a sample and it gets analysed. Then you can trigger this filter to resonate with the spectral modes of your sample - this is great for example for tuned percussion like Hang, PanDrum or Timpani, but of course there is unlimited potential for sound design. A bit like physical modelling - but much easier to use.

The comb filter can be run in classic mode, which we all know and love. But it also comes with a new "PHYSIS" mode, which has a very nice sound that can be shaped nicely when altering the tuning of the filter.

And I could not resist to add some idiosyncratic stuff ... for example an "Atari Punk" module which models the sound character of Lunetta-style CMOS synths. This may seem odd from a first glance .. but you will change your mind once you feed a re-synthesized drum loop through the Atari Punk, drive it hot to produce tuned CMOS noise and feed this into the Modal filter, that you trained with a Marimba sample ...

Screenshot 2023-12-01 at 07.08.30.png
Interesting. Worth keeping a watch on development. Not feeling the urgency buy others are though.

How can this guy keep churning out one gem after another? Does he ever sleep?

RichN wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:18 am How can this guy keep churning out one gem after another? Does he ever sleep?
I am inspired by Rainer Werner Fassbinder: "I can sleep when I am dead"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainer_Werner_Fassbinder
static.epd-film.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great work- I have all the Dawsome stuff, this looks like another winner.
Pity this didn't hit in the 50% off sale- hopefully a nice launch price.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Man ,first page trailer is like new Jurasic something :):):)

If the final product sounds like the trailer, the damn thing comes home the instant it's released! :-o :shock: :-o

I'd sell a kidney for that bass growl and epic tone, omg! :cry: :cry:

More ambient wet dreams, sigh. I run a 90% DAWesome DAW at this point.. :neutral:

Sigh, likely ramen and hot dogs for a month to get this. I suffer for my art. :hihi: :P :help:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

I was already thinking Novum is a game-changer when it came out. But Myth... OMG, this thing will hit as hard as a truck!

Only a Linux Native can increase any urgency for me to acquire here . Definitely a wait and see. So far, I only have the one "free with purchase" Love. And while I concede it's nice, I wouldn't have paid full sale price on it.

Things that go anywhere from anywhere still have to be squeezed into the same linear stereo field.

PetVor wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:33 am It has two OSCs, each represented by an "Iris"...
That "BTTF" demo on YouTube sounds killer. Amazing how many different directions you're able to take the same sample, with such usable results.

Also, loving the UI improvements relative to Novum. Huge fan of Novum but my least favorite part is the patch browser. Myth looks much better in terms of patch browsing, and also just the clarity of the layout. Would love too see some of these design improvements make their way back over to Novum. Very psyched for Myth!!!

Return to “Instruments”