Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

oui

duanosforde wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:21 pmoui
oui-bill-murray.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

enCiphered wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:53 pm I'm still using Abyss a lot and appreciate it for what it is. However, it could be so much more if Peter stopped abandoning a plugin to start making a new one. Not to mention what Novum could become if it were developed further. But... it is what it is. Life is short, and there is a ton of great stuff out there to explore.
I've learned to appreciate Peter's approach to plugin development. He's kinda the polar opposite of u-he, a company that I love with all my heart, but also one that polishes every last detail of a project to perfection over the better part of a decade. Dawesome is different. Peter nails ideas down fast, focuses on the basic premise of a plugin, takes shortcuts when and where he can while maintaining a high standard of quality but also getting the project done and out the door before our kids have finished college. And don't get me wrong, I love that Urs Heckmann is a perfectionist; I very much want him to continue to be that way. But Dawesome's more fast-tracked approach also has a place in the audio development thinkspace.

enCiphered wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:53 pm I'm still using Abyss a lot and appreciate it for what it is. However, it could be so much more if Peter stopped abandoning a plugin to start making a new one. Not to mention what Novum could become if it were developed further. But... it is what it is. Life is short, and there is a ton of great stuff out there to explore.
please feel free to join the Dawesome village, for more information and conversation! about the plugins, the development of MYTH and even about other developers.
also information and presets from great sound designers, information about microtuning, etc. etc. etc.

in other words:

the friendly and supportive community for sound lovers

https://discord.gg/haQdpfqUDa

a link for everyone that is interested. join to ask, comment or even contribute!

Caine123 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:27 pm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaitiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing
Another popular music forum has a thread where there's more discussion. A release date of late March has been mentioned over there.

Also, the above noted Discord, also being discussed "over there".
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

It has a placeholder page now: https://www.dawesomemusic.com/myth

Non-linear synthesis

Virtual Analog Modeling has become the industry standard - for example VA filters and OSCs just sound more interesting than their plain digital counterparts. The reason is that digital filters are linear, while analog filters are non-linear . And our ears are just so sensitive to this difference!

But what would happen if you create an entire sound engine with non-linear processing? What if you could cover the sonic breadth of FM, physical modelling, wavetables, analog … with a single approach and just by tweaking a few knobs?

Exploit natural variances of samples

In classical synthesis, oscillator waves are mostly static and you add filters and modulators to “program” all the variations to make the sound organic and interesting.

MYTH offers a paradigm shift: drag and drop audio and it will be re-synthesised as an IRIS. The inherent variations and richness of the sample can now be exploited with the TRANSFORMER dials.

MYTH emulates the joy of using hardware

Playing with hardware can be so much fun! Why is this? Because we tweak a knob and instantly we hear the change. The sound is rich and organic, and the entire system acts like one organism.

MYTH was built to create this same experience - it emulates the joy of playing with hardware. Instead of “programming” sounds you create sounds by exploration and tweaking knobs.

Of course - you can also add classical LFOs, envelopes or filters as much as you want. Just ... you will rarely feel the need!

New demo of the synth from Databroth:

https://youtu.be/xnyma6joRWU

Oh, that's tasty.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Yep, this will be a day one purchase for sure.

Gonna be another beast for ambient! :)

Certainly looks like a day one purchase for me.

I haven't seen any confirmed Feb release date yet but the fact that it is version 0.992 makes me think release must be very close.

JoeCat wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:21 am Gonna be another beast for ambient! :)
Not just for ambient. This thing can sound as huge and cinematic or delicate, playful and organic as you want it. Feed it anything and it will make beautiful music out of it.

Samiver wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 am I haven't seen any confirmed Feb release date yet but the fact that it is version 0.992 makes me think release must be very close.
On the VI thread it says St. Patrick's Day.

jm.schloemer wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:07 am
Samiver wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 am I haven't seen any confirmed Feb release date yet but the fact that it is version 0.992 makes me think release must be very close.
On the VI thread it says St. Patrick's Day.
Right thanks for the info. I thought it was due in Feb as I thought I saw Feb at the end of a video but perhaps I am mistaken or it has had a delay.

Still not too long till St Patrick's and a good excuse to drink Guinness to celebrate its release.

Thats 17 March,....just in case you did not knew. As i did ;)

Return to “Instruments”