Live 12 or Bitwig 5.1

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FyJqe4Dag
^^^ that was when Live 11 was out.
Now that Live 12 is out you have “no” reasons to get Bitwig :lol:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

^^^ If it will include chord recognition while moving notes like in Studio One, then... until then, go for it, .dawproject conglomerate

in the tooltip, Chord: ... , best feature ever, ofc. it really shines on multiple tracks during multi-track editing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:07 pm ^^^ If it will include chord recognition while moving notes like in Studio One, then... until then, go for it, .dawproject conglomerate

in the tooltip, Chord: ... , best feature ever, ofc. it really shines on multiple tracks during multi-track editing
Studio One :lol:
You are running out of material :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

xbitz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:30 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7FyJqe4Dag
CLAP is cool but unless plugin developers get on board it's not very useful. Sure, U-He and some developers jumped in but NI, Arturia, Izotope, and many others haven't mentioned any plans to move to CLAP yet as far as I know. So using CLAP as some sort of reason to choose Bitwig doesn't really sell the software imo.

Even U-He doesn't mention CLAP support for all of their plugins on their site. Bazille, Hive, Repro-5, etc all show only VST support. I know Hive has CLAP support but it's been what over a year at this point and their site hasn't been updated? It seems to me that even U-he isn't wholeheartedly supporting the format.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

^^^ + 2023 dec 19 FabFilter, All plug-ins updated with CLAP support, https://www.fabfilter.com/news/17029836 ... s-and-more

No one cares.

Eventually, plugins will support CALP I guess just for the trend of it, and to get rid of the people whining on the forum and in the support channels, like the EU Green label on the cars, but no one cares.

Official stats on the CLAP website say that out of 1,837 wannabe musicians, only 13 geeks want CLAP desperately just so that they can play all day long with bezier curves automating and modulating their already modulated LFO number 3.

It matters, for example, reinstallation is greatly accelerated by noting a few manufacturers who support it. :D there is no need to choose between mastering limiters, https://aom-factory.jp/products/invisible-limiter-g3/ can be installed directly which has a .clap format

I'm just doing that, that's why I'm saying it

I doubt the big three (Apple-AU, Cubase-VST3, ProTools-AAX) will ever support it, but I'm sure everybody else eventually will. One format to rule them all, and in darkness bind them!
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:21 am I doubt the big three (Apple-AU, Cubase-VST3, ProTools-AAX) will ever support it, but I'm sure everybody else eventually will. One format to rule them all, and in darkness bind them!
Without Logic, Cubase and Protools it’s not really that mainstream. I don’t think Ableton will join in either, maybe Studio One. Currently it’s very niche and it way stay that way, but even if it does just having the UHE stuff and Bitwig is cool.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:47 am
syntonica wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:21 am I doubt the big three (Apple-AU, Cubase-VST3, ProTools-AAX) will ever support it, but I'm sure everybody else eventually will. One format to rule them all, and in darkness bind them!
Without Logic, Cubase and Protools it’s not really that mainstream. I don’t think Ableton will join in either, maybe Studio One. Currently it’s very niche and it way stay that way, but even if it does just having the UHE stuff and Bitwig is cool.
And Fabfilter !!!!

Best developers in a nutshell :-).

Jac459 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 am
And Fabfilter !!!!

And TAL!

Three best devs.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:59 am
And Fabfilter !!!!

And TAL!

Three best devs.
💯

apoclypse wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:20 am Even U-He doesn't mention CLAP support for all of their plugins on their site. Bazille, Hive, Repro-5, etc all show only VST support. I know Hive has CLAP support but it's been what over a year at this point and their site hasn't been updated? It seems to me that even U-he isn't wholeheartedly supporting the format.
ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive, Filterscape and MFM2 all have CLAP versions. The reason most of them are not mentioned yet on the u-he website is that ACE, Bazille, Diva and Hive are all still in public beta. All u-he plugins will have CLAP versions as each of them are updated.

Ableton, FL Studio and Studio One will all support CLAP. FL and S1 first.

AVID is interested in CLAP. That's because Epic wants to support CLAP for their Unreal Engine. If Epic does, then AVID will too.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:34 pm
Ableton, FL Studio and Studio One will all support CLAP. FL and S1 first.

AVID is interested in CLAP. That's because Epic wants to support CLAP for their Unreal Engine. If Epic does, then AVID will too.
I always forget about Epic, possibly for good reason. I'm still uneasy about their horizontal forays and all their legal issues.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”