Google's new AI audio playground

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Google has just released a new instrument playground that is fully AI based. You can type in any instrument + vibe and it will spit out a 20 second sample that you can then edit, play, and download.

This is crazy:

https://artsandculture.google.com/exper ... 2oQr2uT3pg
Duality without regard to physicality

Unfortunately, Instrument Playground is not available in your country.
<List your stupid gear here>

Same here, Italy,

Interesting.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

def interesting (& distracting).

here's an oldie but (still) goodie:

https://www.patatap.com

It's interesting, the prompts are simple (one adjective plus one instrument - so you can have electric guitar or sad guitar but not sad electric guitar because it treats electric as the adjective), some basic sampler abilities (though the AI's choice on where to create splices is pretty terrible!).

If not for the AI angle (who cares if the sounds are pulled from a royalty free archive or generated?) it's a nice little goofy toy for the browser. Someone with more dedication than me could use this and one of the HTML drum machines to make an album.

Disappointingly horny was not one of the adjectives so we're spared from horny trombone or ukulele.

miloszz wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:33 am It's interesting, the prompts are simple (one adjective plus one instrument - so you can have electric guitar or sad guitar but not sad electric guitar because it treats electric as the adjective), some basic sampler abilities (though the AI's choice on where to create splices is pretty terrible!).

If not for the AI angle (who cares if the sounds are pulled from a royalty free archive or generated?) it's a nice little goofy toy for the browser. Someone with more dedication than me could use this and one of the HTML drum machines to make an album.

Disappointingly horny was not one of the adjectives so we're spared from horny trombone or ukulele.
a horny ukelele sounds like it could potentially be the most painful sound ever known...

I got some Muzak synth sounds.

Not sure about the sound quality....but for digging in the crates,...I'm not sure can get any faster than this
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Yea this isn't half bad if you're making lo-fi house music.

I found a site yesterday (something Google has done I think) that you can combine two sounds to make a totally new instrument. I didn't try it but the example was a guitar blended with a sax tone and it sounded great.
(Just wait until you get a load of the new Suno)

There is also Co-Producer by Output. You van get some interesting material out of that.

Why would anyone consider using anything Google related?

fisherKing wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:44 am def interesting (& distracting).

here's an oldie but (still) goodie:

https://www.patatap.com
how have I never heard of this...my students will love this...any rhyme or reason to the screen real estate, mouse gestures, or keyboard commands?...how do you get a new set of samples?...just refresh the browser?
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Return to “Instruments”