Moog Mariana VST/AU/iOS Bass Synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mudi1974 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:43 pm
Sound wise, I am also not always a fan of Arturia.
But regarding MPE, of course Mini V4 has MPE. All V collection synths have MPE (at least all the newer ones):
2024-02-14_14-40-08.png
Interesting, Arturia apparently needs to update their "MPE Compatibility" page because it lists Jup-8 V and a few others but not Mini-V:

https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/ar ... patibility

cptgone wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:26 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:21 am
Hettoblaster wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:35 am "moogsynthesizers
Meet Mariana v1.1: a new powerful update is 🔥now available 🔥

The software update v1.1 introduces improvements and enhancements for Mariana:

👉brings several performance improvements, such as lower CPU usage
👉the keyboard can now be expanded and collapsed in the plug-in versions
👉the Low Pass and High Pass Filter of Synth 1 and Synth 2 now have an option to change filter slope to 0dB, 6dB, 12dB, 18dB, and 24dB"
Ok. thanks for the info :tu:
I Just saw a video about the update that used the ipad version which made me curious.
It is a shame that i can't re Trial it to see how much it has been improved since v1 had insane cpu usage for a Mono synth and was in the same ballpark as the Softube Model 80 cpu usage and now it costs $99 instead of $49 so the improvements must be very good for me to buy it at that price.

I don't want to gamble now that it costs $99 but I would have bought it for $49 just to see how much it has improved over previous version.
50% off at Plugin Boutique.
Nooo. Why did you do that :hihi:
Now i ended up buying it and my question got answered and nope it still eats cpu's for breakfast.

It does sound great and reminds my of my Roland SE-02 that i used to own so i guess i will treat it more like my hw with fewer instances instead and some bouncing to audio when needed so it was not all a waste of money :)

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm

👉the Low Pass and High Pass Filter of Synth 1 and Synth 2 now have an option to change filter slope to 0dB, 6dB, 12dB, 18dB, and 24dB"
I Just saw a video about the update that used the ipad version which made me curious.
It is a shame that i can't re Trial it to see how much it has been improved since v1 had insane cpu usage for a Mono synth and was in the same ballpark as the Softube Model 80 cpu usage and now it costs $99 instead of $49 so the improvements must be very good for me to buy it at that price.

I don't want to gamble now that it costs $99 but I would have bought it for $49 just to see how much it has improved over previous version.
Now i ended up buying it and my question got answered and nope it still eats cpu's for breakfast.

It does sound great and reminds my of my Roland SE-02 that i used to own so i guess i will treat it more like my hw with fewer instances instead and some bouncing to audio when needed so it was not all a waste of money :)
It is great that you did this move for us !! :-)
Thank you so much...

So, a part from the CPU, which other synth would you compare it to ?

Jac459 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:18 pm

It is great that you did this move for us !! :-)
Thank you so much...

So, a part from the CPU, which other synth would you compare it to ?
That is the only one i can think of right now and it was the first thing i noticed and I need to play some more with it before i can compare it with something else i have here in vst or hw :)

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:36 pm That is the only one i can think of right now and it was the first thing i noticed and I need to play some more with it before i can compare it with something else i have here in vst or hw :)
Ok thanks !

I am curious how it fares against something like subboombass 2 from Rob Papen

Jac459 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:45 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:36 pm That is the only one i can think of right now and it was the first thing i noticed and I need to play some more with it before i can compare it with something else i have here in vst or hw :)
Ok thanks !

I am curious how it fares against something like subboombass 2 from Rob Papen
I don't have subboombass 2 anymore but subboombass 2 is more of a alrounder when it comes to bass sounds while Mariana is a more aggressive Modern Bass synth.
So you won't get those creamy rounded Minimoog Basses out of this thing.

There is one thing that is bothering me so far and that is the Volume.
I know they want it to sound as big and ballsy as possible but having to dial in the Track level to around -12 so i don't blast out my ear drums is not what i prefer in a plugin.

So remember to tone down the track volume before you start playing the presets ;)

D-Fusion wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:03 pm [
I don't have subboombass 2 anymore but subboombass 2 is more of a alrounder when it comes to bass sounds while Mariana is a more aggressive Modern Bass synth.
So you won't get those creamy rounded Minimoog Basses out of this thing.

There is one thing that is bothering me so far and that is the Volume.
I know they want it to sound as big and ballsy as possible but having to dial in the Track level to around -12 so i don't blast out my ear drums is not what i prefer in a plugin.

So remember to tone down the track volume before you start playing the presets ;)
Thanks for the feedback!

It would be nice to mention your cpu and the samplerate when you talk about how much it uses.

Why can't we keep these threads about how a vst sounds? There is always more talk about brand politics, GUI, cpu usage and not much about the sound, the filters, the transients etc...

Oh and my least favorite subject the features begging on the developer which has ruined quite a few synths.

My main gripe is the paged UI. Having the filter envelope on a different screen to the filter cutoff and EG amount. It just feels very iPad focussed.

Moog overall sound in the plug in domain begins and ends with softubes offering with the 72 ,it’s that simple
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:46 pm Moog overall sound in the plug in domain begins and ends with softubes offering with the 72 ,it’s that simple
No it's not.

I bought the Mariana during the limited $50 intro price. I like it, good for basses in songs that are in a higher key, thanks to the sub-oscillators. Pitty it's only monophonic, though... Someone asked above "what this plugin offers that others do not" -- well it offers a great innovation -- virtual Control Voltage, where you can connect one Mariana modulation source to ANOTHER INSTANCE of Mariana, just like we used to do in the old days of analogue instruments ... example: I used to connect my Korg MS20 to my Korg PS3100 hardware synths using cables from one synth's patch bay to the other synth's patch bay -- now we can do that with Mariana, the MoogerFoogers and future Moog plugins. I only wish other companies would adopt the system... I regret not having bought 1 or 2 MoogerFoogers during the limited half price period, now they cost double the introductory price...
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

I like the sound but the cpu hit is off the charts.

Sindikhate wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:21 am It would be nice to mention your cpu and the samplerate when you talk about how much it uses.

Why can't we keep these threads about how a vst sounds? There is always more talk about brand politics, GUI, cpu usage and not much about the sound, the filters, the transients etc...

Oh and my least favorite subject the features begging on the developer which has ruined quite a few synths.
What's the problem mentioning CPU? It's a performance issue and is important especially if you have to bounce down in order to use another instance. I have a fairly good system and it's still more taxing than it's worth. There are plenty of good synths out there that don't need so much and allow multiple instances etc. It doesn't mean the sound quality is not an issue, of course it is. This sounds good and I would consider buying it IF the cpu use was looked at and lowered dramatically.

Axis1~SL61 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:54 am I bought the Mariana during the limited $50 intro price. I like it, good for basses in songs that are in a higher key, thanks to the sub-oscillators. Pitty it's only monophonic, though...
It can be played duophonically, which is great.

Return to “Instruments”