Someone to Confide In

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This song is a collaboration with redmaggot.

After a few revisions, we arrived at the final version: https://archive.org/download/ia37_20231 ... ix2%29.mp3

It started out as a short guitar piece that I sent to redmaggot: https://archive.org/download/ia37_20231 ... mix%29.mp3

Redmaggot sent me some lyrics for the first vocal version: https://archive.org/download/ia37_20231 ... ix3%29.mp3

There were some awkard lines so redmaggot revised the lyrics and I revised the vocal melody, which resulted in the final version.

Here are the lyrics of the final version and the original vocal version:

Code: Select all

original lyrics: 

Went Along for the ride
Yes I smiled and I lied
If I could I'd have cried
But there was nothing inside

With Having so little left
I thought the odds of success
Of getting out of this mess
Were very poor I confess

Chorus:
The power of having someone to confide in
Sometimes you just need a little reminding
After the storm and the thunder and lightning
The sky will be blue and the sun will be shining

I wasn't really prepared
Having finally aired
With somebody who cared
Cause a problem halved is a problem shared

There's nothing to fear
She said can I be clear
If you're in need of an ear
Please remember I'm here

Chorus

Sometimes you just need a little reminding that you're ok

final lyrics:

Along for the ride
All smiles and lies
Nobody cries
With nothing left inside

With so little left
The odds of success
Of escaping this mess
Were poor I confess

The power of trusting someone to confide in
blue skies return and the sun will be shining

Nervous and scared
Not quite prepared
Having finally shared
With somebody who cared

Nothing to fear
Just so we're clear
If you need an ear
Remember I'm here

The sky will be blue and the sun will be shining

you are not alone 
Last edited by Genetic_Junk on Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you so much.

The power of having someone to collab with.

An absolute pleasure.

It's really nice to see these steps.
The instrumental that started the journey, the first lyrics (that needed to be de-clunked) and the final version. Loved it.

Catchy indie rock that is unpredictable but quite listenable. Extremely cool. :tu: The mix is pretty rough but the song still shines through.

You guys work really well together. In fact, this could be your strongest collaboration yet.

I recently listened to a very different sounding instrumental with the same "irrational actor" working title. I'm not sure how you went from there to here but the result is great. :tu:

Nice collaborating guys. Cool song solid lyrics :)
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

Thanks red. Yep definitely helps the creative process when you've got a good collaborator.
Frantz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:17 am Catchy indie rock that is unpredictable but quite listenable. Extremely cool. :tu: The mix is pretty rough but the song still shines through.

You guys work really well together. In fact, this could be your strongest collaboration yet.

I recently listened to a very different sounding instrumental with the same "irrational actor" working title. I'm not sure how you went from there to here but the result is great. :tu:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. I agree this collab is my favorite so far.

Yeah the mix could use some more work to make it cleaner. But the raw material is kind of rough. Some of the guitars and vocals clipped at the preamp when recording. I should have re-recorded those parts.

Oh, that Irrational Actor thing is just something I prepend to each new project I start. The other Irrational Actor post is a completely different project.

I'm with Frantz in that I think that there is a charming Indie song in here. It is a rather eclectic thing but that is part of what Indie should be (as opposed to all this homogenized fauxness most Rok bands use to Tik their Tok). It could however be a bit more clear in the mix somehow as also noted as I think you will lose people from a confused "scene".

If you have something that you want considered for a Mix Walkthrough, reach out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... mXIauoJraq
:-)

Delightful artistry and some surprising and cool syncopated parts. Super solid songwriting, IMO.

This and that might need a tiny EQ cut around 500hz? Just for extra clarity. Just being picky. Super strong song. Even the feedback at the end added a great personal touch. A.I. didn't make this!

Genetic_Junk & redmaggot,
Very nice song! Sounds rather 80's to me, which is fine by me! If this came on the radio, I wouldn't change the channel; I think it's radio worthy. Excellent job! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Shane Sanders wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:40 pm Delightful artistry and some surprising and cool syncopated parts. Super solid songwriting, IMO.
Thank you.
Even the feedback at the end added a great personal touch. A.I. didn't make this!
If A.I means average intelligence, then perhaps. Speaking for myself, of course.

Benedict wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:58 am I'm with Frantz in that I think that there is a charming Indie song in here. It is a rather eclectic thing but that is part of what Indie should be (as opposed to all this homogenized fauxness most Rok bands use to Tik their Tok). It could however be a bit more clear in the mix somehow as also noted as I think you will lose people from a confused "scene".
Thanks for the feedback. :) Agree mix could be clearer. May get around to trying again next year. But I often times enjoy a demo quality mix. I think part of the eclecticism comes from the song evolving from an instrumental piece.

I can only echo what's already been said here. Nice tune musically and lyric wise. I'd like to hear the mix cleaned up.
That said, great job.

Again, same as what others have said: Really nice track—the overall tone is great. I think with a few mix tweaks it would push it that much further. As Shane mentioned, a little less energy around 450 or 500 k, and maybe a few tweaks with panning and stereo placement to give the vocal a bit more of it's own space, and you're golden.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Excellent stuff! Has that elusive quality on first hearing of sounding familiar, yet not quite like anything else. :love: Bravo!

..and don't do too much f**king about with the mix - sounds good to me. These sinthesiser lads ain't listened to too much indie rokk!

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:26 pm Excellent stuff! Has that elusive quality on first hearing of sounding familiar, yet not quite like anything else. :love: Bravo!

..and don't do too much f**king about with the mix - sounds good to me. These sinthesiser lads ain't listened to too much indie rokk!
Thank you.

Enjoyable, liked the arrangement.

Return to “Music Cafe”