VHORNS setup with EMEO wind controller - can't get natural dynamics

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I've just purchased VHorns Saxophones and I can't get my EMEO wind controller working properly with it. There is a very strange note on behaviour where I can't play softly. There is an unnatural stutter when trying to play softly, as though the sound engine can't decide between the air-only sound of very low air pressue, and producing an actual note, so it switches between the two in a stuttering sound. Very strange that this transition sounds like a switch rather than a natural fade from one to the other. I have tried messing with the midi settings but can't fix the issue. Is anyone able to help please?

Hi, I think you also sent us a message to the customer support.
So I'll answer here just in case with maybe more technical details.

Basically the VHorns and VWinds respond to a MIDI CC, so depending on what the EMEO sends, it might behave in different ways. All of the wind instruments we've used (breath controllers, ewi, aerophone, sylphio, and a few others) work just fine as they send a continuous CC flow and stop only when you stop blowing air and they all output MIDI notes when the CC is above 0 then stop it when it gets below 0.
It sounds to me like the Emeo does not output the correct MIDI values and might overlap note ons on the same note.

If you provide us with a MIDI recording (one for which you can reproduce the issue in a sequencer), then send it to us and we'll look into it more.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”