2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:21 pm
elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:20 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:50 am Screenshot_20240302_114903_Gallery.jpg

:party:
Which ones are these?
2 black functions. 8)
:clap:
I thought about doing the same… it would make more sense for me over Maths, plus add an extra 4hp.

And, was thinking to add DXG too.

Hmmmm… decisions, decisions, decisions

Edit: decision made. Ordered 1 Function to go along with the other. Maths will get the boot for a while.

And ordered the DXG. Nothing in stock, so hopefully I’m not too late on the Functions.

Time to plan a bit more on modular grid!

elxsound wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:26 pm

Which ones are these?
2 black functions. 8)
I thought about doing the same… it would make more sense for me over Maths, plus add an extra 4hp.

Edit: decision made. Ordered 1 Function to go along with the other. Maths will get the boot for a while.

And ordered the DXG. Nothing in stock, so hopefully I’m not too late on the Functions.

I replaced Maths with two Functions a few years ago, mainly for these features:
justin3am wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm The hang function is super useful, as are having, EOR and EOC outputs.
Couldn't be happier.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:23 pm

Which ones are these?
2 black functions. 8)

I replaced Maths with two Functions a few years ago, mainly for these features:
justin3am wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:29 pm The hang function is super useful, as are having, EOR and EOC outputs.
Couldn't be happier.
I have been using function over Maths every time, then adding in 1&4 of Maths, but usually just channel 1!

It just sucks that my two won't match! :hihi:

ill be adding them to maths, for four channels of motion! :band:

Which ones are these?
2 black functions. 8)

im tempted by a second dxg.
4 separate lpgs is far more useful for perc type stuff. although i have the lxd, just less options and no stereo.

vurt wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:50 pm im tempted by a second dxg.
4 separate lpgs is far more useful for perc type stuff. although i have the lxd, just less options and no stereo.
I'm trying to add Dynamix back into the rack, without removing the mono Steady Fate Gate. It has the envelope out, which I really like. It's different enough to justify keeping it alongside DXG, especially (as Shabs initially talked me into it) as it can be used to sidechain, plus add finishing saturation.

Having Spectraphon, XPO, Mimeophon & QPAS makes it difficult to not add DXG!

Same goes for XPan, which I still haven't ordered.

I've been playing around with different setups to get ready for Erbeverbe, whenever that comes.

I didn't see this coming:

nicetouch.jpg

https://youtu.be/Ukaj-UUh8oU
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Finally sorted out my (ex-tank) throat mic. The last thing I'd have expected (3.5mm plugin-in power) worked!
Built two Zlob mini-atts (2HP)
Half-built two Zlob skew LFOs (3HP)

Zlob stuff is great for leftover space in a row.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:14 am

Zlob stuff is great for leftover space in a row.
they also have the logo that looks like an old death metal band :band:

That too. TBH, I think its a bit of a shame that their panel artwork is all white on black now, mine are all red on black, which looks cooler IMO.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

i don't have any, but signal sounds threw a load of stickers in with the schtick! and flyers for cool looking stuff :o
the hard sell!! :hihi:

Purchased:
Digiface USB
Ferrofish Pulse 16
Topping L50
Mio XM
Mercury X

And, soon, Keystage 49

Not a synth this time, but I just ordered a Roland A-800 Pro.

Examigan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:17 pm Not a synth this time, but I just ordered a Roland A-800 Pro.
Had one of those, got best part of 10 years use from it. The only issue I had was the material the fader sliders are made of goes a bit sticky after a while. Lots of good controls though.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:24 am
Examigan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:17 pm Not a synth this time, but I just ordered a Roland A-800 Pro.
Had one of those, got best part of 10 years use from it. The only issue I had was the material the fader sliders are made of goes a bit sticky after a while. Lots of good controls though.
I heard the aftertouch takes a bit more pressure than some other keyboards, but that's OK by me. Was yours that way?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”