2024: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2024)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That looks blooptastic!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

justin3am wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:37 pm Beautiful!
Thank you!

Still waiting on Erbe-Verb and DXG from Perfect Circuit. I’ll be Mathless once Erbe-Verb arrives.

Never planned on keeping both PNW & Tempi together but can’t let go yet. I got excited about uO_c with MIDI, but then found out the port is on the back. :dog:

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:33 pm Brinta & Lullaby arrived!

+current state of the rack(s)

No time to play just yet, but had to add them. :hyper:

IMG_2024-04-12-113009.jpegIMG_2024-04-12-113029.jpeg
:party:

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:55 pm
Thank you!

Still waiting on Erbe-Verb and DXG from Perfect Circuit. I’ll be Mathless once Erbe-Verb arrives.

Never planned on keeping both PNW & Tempi together but can’t let go yet. I got excited about uO_c with MIDI, but then found out the port is on the back. :dog:
I have my 1u O_c in my Intellijel 7u case, which has USB pass through. That lets me have USB connected directly to the case, which is nice. Its crazy to see how far that module has come from where it started. Originally it was just an expansion of some Mutable Instruments easter eggs and utilties, with no MIDI. and it was 12HP! You couldn't buy an assembled one and the folks who made the circuit boards weren't making panels, so I ended up building a bunch of them for friends.

You'll love Erbe-verb! The envelope follower is super useful for self patching.

Thank you!

not sure how long mine will take, not used to ordering from outside the uk :o usually its next day delivery!!

but...
ive been wondering about lullaby, how easy it might be to swap the music box?
i have a pink panther and a star wars music box so far, also want the nightmare before xmas one :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 pm
Thank you!

not sure how long mine will take, not used to ordering from outside the uk :o usually its next day delivery!!

but...
ive been wondering about lullaby, how easy it might be to swap the music box?
i have a pink panther and a star wars music box so far, also want the nightmare before xmas one :hihi:
Brings? Congrats!

It should be easy because it’s just a piezo pickup connected to the 3.5mm out.

Some basic screws holding the music box in place. I don’t see signs of glue and definitely no solder.

Might want to write to them to ask. I’ll probably do the same soon. It’d be fun to keep swapping this out

elxsound wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:23 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 pm
[...] ive been wondering about lullaby, how easy it might be to swap the music box?
Brings? Congrats!

It should be easy because it’s just a piezo pickup connected to the 3.5mm out.

Some basic screws holding the music box in place. I don’t see signs of glue and definitely no solder.

Might want to write to them to ask. I’ll probably do the same soon. It’d be fun to keep swapping this out
Looks pretty straight forward, and is the same with all of Errors "lulaby" models, with the layout matching what appears to be a 'standard' (?) or perhaps a major music box manufacturers format, but in searching seems to have been widely adopted for relatively simple tunes. :tu:

Lulaby.jpg
music box.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I think you’re are absolutely right that it’s a standard size.

Vurt question sent me down a musical box mechanism rabbit hole. I remember seeing one the tent vendors during Christmas selling just the mechanisms for $12 and you could choose each song.

Buying from alibaba or temu will get the cost to $2 per each box.

Haven’t started looking for the cool ones like nightmare before Christmas or I’m guessing that’s a Star Wars theme/fanfare?

Then there’s some DIY instructions for custom songs, which is a different rabbit hole.

It’s probably super cheap to just make your own 8hp module which could be fun too.

Mine came as a bundle through Etsy with Brinta (autocorrect does not like Brinta).

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:25 am Mine came as a bundle through Etsy with Brinta (autocorrect does not like Brinta).
yup, same here!

also, my star wars music box, is the exact one shown above :o and yes, plays the theme.

elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:25 am Mine came as a bundle through Etsy with Brinta (autocorrect does not like Brinta).
Does he ship USPS (and/or affiliates) to the states, or some other shipper? Basically, did it come via USPS?

(Only USPS has access to my building)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:04 pm
Does he ship USPS (and/or affiliates) to the states, or some other shipper? Basically, did it come via USPS?

(Only USPS has access to my building)
It arrived via UPS, but I can’t remember if there were options at checkout. I try to avoid USPS as much as possible as things go missing and the local post office is the worst. Washington Bridge USPS (NYC). 1 star reviews for the win!

*the regular mail carrier is the best human! Just terrible support at the post office.

^^^ Cool, TY.

I've also always found this Error module extremely appealing.

TELE BLENDER Eurorack GL.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:11 pm I've also always found this Error module extremely appealing.

yeah, that looks cool!
cant remember what i bought, think it was the schtick? and they put a load of fliers for modules in the box, that was one of them!
also some little fx boxes, some of which looked cool!

Shabdahbriah wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:11 pm I've also always found this Error module extremely appealing.

Same!! Would love to add that and Space Station.

https://youtu.be/PLk_kKXyod0?si=IJJiSreuzdT2K7QN

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”