Wotja 24 - arriving on January 1st 2024

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:46 pm
spidergod wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:16 pm
Hi folks

Sorry for the being slow to answer, but we are right in the middle of working on the next update!

Cells are self-contained "pieces" so to speak, and so there is no concept of notes sustaining across to the next Cell. When play moves to the next Cell then all composing in the previous Cell stops.

If Cells have different volume levels then it is probably easiest to deal with that by using an Amplifier in the Cell FX slot (see: https://wotja.com/guide/#mix-music-fx-cell).

We do *hope* that at some point in the future we might be able to add some kind of user configurable Cell fade in/fade out (and if we are very very lucky, maybe even a way to cross-mix Cells), but for a number of reasons it is very non-trivial so not something likely to happen any time soon.

Tip: A way to get some notes going across Cells is to have a Cell in one Track that keeps playing whilst Cells in other Tracks sequence. I know it is not the same as was asked, but I hope it might help!

Best wishes

Tim

I've got a proper noob question about Wotja 24 - I've only just started using it, really interesting so far.

My question is about Flows - so, I can edit some of the parameters of each Flow and this is pretty straightforward. I'm hoping I've got this right but each Flow tends to spit out MIDI on two MIDI channels (I think Environments may give you more?). Is there an easy way to go to, for example, Piano or Drone and ask it to send MIDI to more than two MIDI channels - and not just duplicate MIDI but a different part of the composition?

Thank you
Free Secret Google Cheat Codes

PhilF wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:29 am I've got a proper noob question about Wotja 24 - I've only just started using it, really interesting so far.

My question is about Flows - so, I can edit some of the parameters of each Flow and this is pretty straightforward. I'm hoping I've got this right but each Flow tends to spit out MIDI on two MIDI channels (I think Environments may give you more?). Is there an easy way to go to, for example, Piano or Drone and ask it to send MIDI to more than two MIDI channels - and not just duplicate MIDI but a different part of the composition?

Thank you
Hi! Sorry for the delay in responding, we've been focused on getting the new Wotja update ready.

The templates used by the Flow (strictly, we're now calling these Schemas from the 24.1.1 update!) are dictated by the underlying templates, in terms of how they're configured to map their Generators to different MIDI Channels.

So, you could relatively easily create/modify your own Templates, with MIDI channel mapping that suited your needs; and create your own Schema (Flow) to use only those Templates for which you'd configured the MIDI in the way you wanted.

Hoping that helps!

Best wishes, Pete

Hi folks,

Wotja 24.1.1 is released. It is a major update!

Amongst other things, it has an API that allows 3rd party apps (including games) to play Generative Audio in the background via the Wotja app.

Info here: https://wotja.com/releases/#w24-1-1

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Instruments”