Wotja 24 - arriving on January 1st 2024

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As it turned out I opened Wotja 23 and from there I got to purchase the Version 24.

Well after a lot of reading and endless clicking I got the "Wotja app for Windows" to work.
I suppose the "Wotja app for Windows" is the Wotja stand-alone app?
After trying somehow got the Wotja VST3 to work.
Would have been great for the Wotja plugin to be able to host VSTi's. this would make routing much easier.

I am very unhappy of the time wasted in the effort to purchase and get Wotja 24 to work.
Still not sure if it was done correctly. Not sure I used the "run as administrator"
Apparently I am the only one here that had these issues.

Hi

Many thanks for your feedback and questions. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve Wotja.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:18 pm 1. "All updates FREE" I suppose it means all Wotja 24 updates are Free. Correct?
Yes, correct. The Wotja App bundles get free updates.

The Pro IAPs are different and we suggest checking out this FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#common-misconceptions
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:18 pm 2. I have Wotja 23. Is there a discount to update to Wotja 24?
Yes, we are running Early Bird deals in January. See this FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#pro-early-bird-deals
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:59 pm I want to buy Wotja 24 so I click on the Download page just in case this means to Buy.
I then click on Get it From Microsoft.
I get to Wotja: Generative Music System but cannot find the Purchase button to get Wotja 24.
Wotja is a free app that includes In-App Purchases to unlock Pro mode. Thanks to your feedback we have improved our "How do I Go Pro?" FAQ to include links to the User Guide section on the Wotja In-App Store. See FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#pro-go.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am As it turned out I opened Wotja 23 and from there I got to purchase the Version 24.
Many thanks! As you will note from above, you have not actually purchased Wotja (which is free), but instead purchased one of the 'Pro' In-App Purchase items.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am I suppose the "Wotja app for Windows" is the Wotja stand-alone app?
Yes!
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am Would have been great for the Wotja plugin to be able to host VSTi's. this would make routing much easier.
That may be so, but there are technical reasons that the Wotja Plug-in does not host other Plug-ins. Sorry.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am I am very unhappy of the time wasted in the effort to purchase and get Wotja 24 to work.
Still not sure if it was done correctly. Not sure I used the "run as administrator"
We are sorry to hear you found it difficult to figure out how to purchase a Pro IAP (specifically a 24 Pro OTB), and it is true we have not come across that issue before. However, thanks to your feedback we have as noted above improved our FAQ on that - so thank you for raising it.

I hope you can now enjoy using Wotja!

Best wishes

Tim

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am After trying somehow got the Wotja VST3 to work.
The easiest way is to type "Wotja" in the start menu, then select "run as administrator" on the lower right. It should be the second option from the top (below "open").

The app should start, ask you for admin rights (if you have windows set up to do so) and then when fully launched ask you if you want to update the VST3 app. Just click yes.

If not, look under "Help" in the app and select "Install Wotja VST3".

It's a VST3 and gets installed to the default location /Program Files/Common Files/VST3/

wasi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:05 pm The easiest way is to type "Wotja" in the start menu, then select "run as administrator" on the lower right. It should be the second option from the top (below "open").

The app should start, ask you for admin rights (if you have windows set up to do so) and then when fully launched ask you if you want to update the VST3 app. Just click yes.

If not, look under "Help" in the app and select "Install Wotja VST3".

It's a VST3 and gets installed to the default location /Program Files/Common Files/VST3/
Many thanks for adding your comment - much appreciated!

Atb

Tim & Pete

^^^
Thanks to Wasi and Tim and Pete for the help. Apparently I started down the wrong path and everything was down hill after that.

I did not use "run as administrator" on the Wotja 24 app. but still installed the VST3 in the location /Program Files/Common Files/VST3/. But the VST3 may have already been installed. Not sure. Is there way to know if it is working properly? Or is it if it is working than it IS working properly?

Do you normally open Wotja 24 "run as administrator"?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:09 pm I did not use "run as administrator" on the Wotja 24 app. but still installed the VST3 in the location /Program Files/Common Files/VST3/. But the VST3 may have already been installed. Not sure. Is there way to know if it is working properly? Or is it if it is working than it IS working properly?
The current version is called "Wotja.vst3", if that's in the /VST3/ folder you're good.

I noticed the old versions were called "Wotja2023.vst" and "Wotja2022.vst". I presume that's to maintain backwards compatibility? Since I don't have them in any active projects I deleted them just to clean things up a bit.
Do you normally open Wotja 24 "run as administrator"?
No, only to install the plugin, because the VST3-folder needs admin permissions. The app can't install anything on automatically unless you run it as admin. You'll notice if you copy it in manually you will need admin as well. Once it's installed you run it normally.

So I gather that there is an early-bird special, but it sounds like it's the same price for new buyers as for upgrades (i.e. from Wotja 23). Am I mistaken?

Wish the pricing was available up front on your web site.

imtim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:29 am Hi

Many thanks for your feedback and questions. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us to improve Wotja.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:18 pm 1. "All updates FREE" I suppose it means all Wotja 24 updates are Free. Correct?
Yes, correct. The Wotja App bundles get free updates.

The Pro IAPs are different and we suggest checking out this FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#common-misconceptions
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:18 pm 2. I have Wotja 23. Is there a discount to update to Wotja 24?
Yes, we are running Early Bird deals in January. See this FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#pro-early-bird-deals
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:59 pm I want to buy Wotja 24 so I click on the Download page just in case this means to Buy.
I then click on Get it From Microsoft.
I get to Wotja: Generative Music System but cannot find the Purchase button to get Wotja 24.
Wotja is a free app that includes In-App Purchases to unlock Pro mode. Thanks to your feedback we have improved our "How do I Go Pro?" FAQ to include links to the User Guide section on the Wotja In-App Store. See FAQ: https://wotja.com/help/#pro-go.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am As it turned out I opened Wotja 23 and from there I got to purchase the Version 24.
Many thanks! As you will note from above, you have not actually purchased Wotja (which is free), but instead purchased one of the 'Pro' In-App Purchase items.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am I suppose the "Wotja app for Windows" is the Wotja stand-alone app?
Yes!
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am Would have been great for the Wotja plugin to be able to host VSTi's. this would make routing much easier.
That may be so, but there are technical reasons that the Wotja Plug-in does not host other Plug-ins. Sorry.
Kalamata Kid wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:48 am I am very unhappy of the time wasted in the effort to purchase and get Wotja 24 to work.
We are sorry to hear you found it difficult to figure out how to purchase a Pro IAP (specifically a 24 Pro OTB), and it is true we have not come across that issue before. However, thanks to your feedback we have as noted above improved our FAQ on that - so thank you for raising it.

I hope you can now enjoy using Wotja!

Best wishes

Tim
To buy a plugin normally you click on the purchase button and follow the instructions. Two different paths for new client and for owners of older versions. Readme file may give hints and what to do. In nearly all plugins the procedure is download the software then click on the file and then follow the install instructions. I like this as I can the check the file for viruses and such. When purchasing I do not want to be distracted by other irrelevant info.

Click here to purchase Wotja 24.
If you own earlier versions best to open the latest version installed on your computer and go to bla… If you are a new client do this …

I am barely familiar with the Microsoft Store. This gave me some trouble.

I did confuse Wotja and Wotcha Pro. Took me a while to figure out that you have to start with Wotja (Free version) and then upgrade to the Pro. There is no path directly to Wotja pro. Yes you state there is an in app purchase but did not want to do that I wanted to go directly to Wotja Pro.

To be honest I have no idea how I got Wotja to work. Not sure if it is working properly. IIRC I did not use Run as Administrator” during the installation process.

Wotja is not listed in Revo. Some how the insulation of Wotja went below the Revo radar.

rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:13 pm So I gather that there is an early-bird special, but it sounds like it's the same price for new buyers as for upgrades (i.e. from Wotja 23). Am I mistaken?
There is no such thing as an 'upgrade' price. Prices for our IAP options are already very, very keen. See: https://wotja.com/help/#iap-cost

NB: We have traditionally run Early Bird prices in January for the benefit of longer term customers. See: https://wotja.com/help/#pro-early-bird-deals
rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:13 pm Wish the pricing was available up front on your web site.
See https://wotja.com/help/#pro-cost.

Our regular prices for the year, and any current discounts/deals, are always shown on our Downloads page. https://wotja.com/downloads/

Best wishes

Tim

wasi wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:21 pm I noticed the old versions were called "Wotja2023.vst" and "Wotja2022.vst".
Those are old plugins IIRC for old Pro versions (when we did them). You are correct that all you now need is Wotja.vst.

Thanks again for your postings!

Best wishes

Tim

imtim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:34 pm
rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:13 pm So I gather that there is an early-bird special, but it sounds like it's the same price for new buyers as for upgrades (i.e. from Wotja 23). Am I mistaken?
There is no such thing as an 'upgrade' price...
Sorry to hear.

rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:30 pm Sorry to hear.
We review our Pro IAP prices each year. What we do instead of creating an artificially high OTB price and then providing a massive discount on that, is instead to try to aim for a sustainable regular price. On that regular price we run Early Bird prices in Jan. Those are our ‘upgrade’ prices if you want to think of them like that, but available only for one month. There are other IAP options, too, if you prefer to dip in and out.

imtim wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:42 pm
rj0 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:30 pm Sorry to hear.
We review our Pro IAP prices each year. What we do instead of creating an artificially high OTB price and then providing a massive discount on that, is instead to try to aim for a sustainable regular price. On that regular price we run Early Bird prices in Jan. Those are our ‘upgrade’ prices if you want to think of them like that, but available only for one month. There are other IAP options, too, if you prefer to dip in and out.
Still not an upgrade price for your loyal users. Still sorry, still sad for you.

Hello All
Just wondering is their a sustain note feature when it goes from one cell to another one?, I have found it can sometimes have an adrupt change of voice between cells, also volume can also vary greatly between cells.
Not sure if I am doing anything wrong?

spidergod wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:16 pm Hello All
Just wondering is their a sustain note feature when it goes from one cell to another one?, I have found it can sometimes have an adrupt change of voice between cells, also volume can also vary greatly between cells.
Not sure if I am doing anything wrong?
Yeah, would like to know as well

Return to “Instruments”