Extinguished (Seismic Minimalist Obsolescence)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back again... Transported straight into a special place. Why did it have to end?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Genetic_Junk wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:05 pm Listened early morning. Beautiful. What is the source of the string sounds? I think the reverb time on some of the percussion hits is a bit high (or maybe the mix ratio is too high) but that's a small subjective preference.
I think the string sounds you're referring to come from Spitfire LABS Arctic Swells library which sounds like a cello in the low-end and more flute-like in the higher registers. I seem to have a preference for long reverbs when making ambient pieces :wink:

Thanks very much for listening, and for taking the time to comment, G_J. Glad you liked it :)

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:57 am tbh i am not a fan of ambient music (in general) - it is too static for my taste. so i don't comment about the musical components of your track (i just have no clue of ambient music). but i like the technical quality of the track. very nice long reverb, nothing popping out, and the synth-sounds are nice too. :tu:
15 years ago, I wasn't a big fan of ambient music either. It is something that I drifted into in an almost unsuspecting way. I'm not entirely sure that my interpretation of the style is even valid, although I hope that it doesn't entirely alienate listeners. My next 4 tracks are complete, and feature ambient stylings. They also contain other, more controversial elements, which may defy categorisation :wink:

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen, tomtom1, and thanks very much for your helpful comments :)

Cycling back months later in a much better listening environment. It's really interesting how you move the different voices in and out. Every thing fades so softly. Very musical. Lovely stuff.

i like ambient music and this is a good track!

kvruser1000 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:28 pm You take very much time to present the single pad sounds at the beginning. Good opportunity to calm down a bit. Very slowly moving track. I like the sounds and the soundscape they assemble.
There's no point in rushing these things :wink: I like listening to this just before bedtime. It's good for de-cluttering my brain.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, kvruser1000. Glad you liked it :)

folderol wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:26 pm Back again... Transported straight into a special place. Why did it have to end?
Wow :o A repeat listener. Glad you're still enjoying this one, folderol :)

seismic1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:45 am
folderol wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:26 pm Back again... Transported straight into a special place. Why did it have to end?
Steady on - I have been known to become a serial listener :-o
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

My days this is good 😊.
It's been a tough few months for me, but I've finally got some time to appreciate some of the many,(favourite) talented artists on here.
This is beautiful Tim and as usual, very, very good work.
Drifting off @6:25 on a Sunday morning 😍
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Dark and brooding, yet timeless and relaxing creating an interesting duality.
Tones could be more rich and maybe a bit louder but over-all very good.

Lovely minimalist soundscape that is actually quite interesting to listen to...something i know is hard to achieve with this style. Nice analog style warmth as well, something which gives it an almost 70s Berlin type sound.

ecamburn wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:32 am Cycling back months later in a much better listening environment. It's really interesting how you move the different voices in and out. Every thing fades so softly. Very musical. Lovely stuff.
Planes probably aren't the ideal listening environment for ambient music :wink:

Aether plays a massive part in controlling the fades on here, and the Spitfire LABS Arctic Swells library is great for this type of effect.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen again, ecamburn. Glad you're still enjoying it :)

Mority wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:29 pm i like ambient music and this is a good track!
Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, Mority. Glad you liked it :)

folderol wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:52 pm
My parents were serial listeners. The serial was called "The Archers" :wink:

seismic1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:38 pm
folderol wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:52 pm
My parents were serial listeners. The serial was called "The Archers" :wink:
So was my mum. ^ that ^ one and Mrs Dale's Diary :D

Return to “Music Cafe”