Extinguished (Seismic Minimalist Obsolescence)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jethrobull wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:25 am My days this is good 😊.
It's been a tough few months for me, but I've finally got some time to appreciate some of the many,(favourite) talented artists on here.
I hope everything is ok now, jb :)
jethrobull wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:25 am This is beautiful Tim and as usual, very, very good work.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you enjoyed it :)
jethrobull wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:25 am Drifting off @6:25 on a Sunday morning 😍
Late night, or an early morning?

PatchAdamz wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:08 am Dark and brooding, yet timeless and relaxing creating an interesting duality.
Tones could be more rich and maybe a bit louder but over-all very good.
You're probably right about the tones. Reaktor 5 and TassMan 4 are fast approaching their 20th birthdays :) I'm stuck in the past. You're right about the volume levels, too. I have been making a deliberate effort to raise the levels on my more recent tracks, although they are probably still relatively quiet. The next one will be a couple of LUFS higher than this, with a decent dynamic range.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, PatchAdamz. Glad you liked it :)

frank1985 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:26 am Lovely minimalist soundscape that is actually quite interesting to listen to...something i know is hard to achieve with this style. Nice analog style warmth as well, something which gives it an almost 70s Berlin type sound.
I seem to be gravitating towards more minimal compositions over the last 7 or 8 years. I find that quite ironic, given that I upgraded my computer in 2019 to a machine that is capable of handling a much heavier load than I would have previously attempted. Even the FX here were very simple. Glad you thought it was an interesting listen. Maybe 50% of the sounds on here were sample-based, and the FX processing (Aether, Satin) may have helped to give the old-school sound.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, frank. Glad you liked it :)

folderol wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:23 am
seismic1 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:38 pm
folderol wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:52 pm
seismic1 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:45 am
folderol wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:26 pm Back again... Transported straight into a special place. Why did it have to end?
Wow :o A repeat listener. Glad you're still enjoying this one, folderol :)
Steady on - I have been known to become a serial listener :-o
My parents were serial listeners. The serial was called "The Archers" :wink:
So was my mum. ^ that ^ one and Mrs Dale's Diary :D
I was more likely to be found watching Zebedee, Florence, Mr. Rusty and Dylan.

Return to “Music Cafe”