Extinguished (Seismic Minimalist Obsolescence)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"extinguished" - version of 01/26/2024:

The track starts with a spacious, breathy sound. Very nice, and that increases
the expectation. Let's see how it goes for 8 minutes now.

The very reverberated sprinkles and the sound development are very relaxing -
you sit somewhere up there and look out over the landscape. Frantz has
already described this vividly.

Really good: I think your pulse really goes down and your blood pressure drops
- you go into a phase of pre-sleepy unconscious awareness. And perceived this
way, the 8 minutes are even short!

Overall: Great job - I really liked it! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

folderol wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:15 pm Definitely something very mysterious... but do we really want to find out what 'it' is?
Sometimes, it is preferable to preserve the mystery :wink:

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, folderol. Glad you liked it :)

Allomerus wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:27 pm
folderol wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:15 pm Definitely something very mysterious... but do we really want to find out what 'it' is?
Probably not...
Good advice :)

markkuja wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:44 am Nice tranquill soundscape and mood.
Thanks very much for the listen and comment, markku. Glad you liked it :)

eassae wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:14 pm Very enjoyable on this dark and snowy day.
My son was over there for a short holiday 3 weeks ago, and he said it was very cold (even colder than here). The weather seems to have improved since then.

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen and comment, eassae. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Frantz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:04 pm
seismic1 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:26 am I've just remixed this, lowering the noise levels in two modules within one of the TassMan4 instances, then lowered the volume level and re-EQ'd that instance. I also changed the EQ on the LABS instance, and then remastered the track.
I think the new mix is perfect. :phones:
Thanks very much for taking the time to check the new mix, Frantz :tu:

Allomerus wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:23 pm Having another listen after the remix. It sounds glorious!
:)
Thanks very much, John. Glad you're still enjoying it :tu:

Beautiful timbral shifts create a glacial motion that I really love. Wonderful stuff!
Thanks for sharing!

enroe wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:57 am "extinguished" - version of 01/26/2024:

The track starts with a spacious, breathy sound. Very nice, and that increases
the expectation. Let's see how it goes for 8 minutes now.

The very reverberated sprinkles and the sound development are very relaxing -
you sit somewhere up there and look out over the landscape. Frantz has
already described this vividly.

Really good: I think your pulse really goes down and your blood pressure drops
- you go into a phase of pre-sleepy unconscious awareness. And perceived this
way, the 8 minutes are even short!

Overall: Great job - I really liked it! :tu:
The instrumentation on here is quite simple, but the modular routing in EXT64 allows me to do some interesting things with the wet/dry Aether treatment (particularly of the Reaktor drone).

I've added it to a late-night ambient playlist for bedtime listening. Slow music for falling asleep to .

Thanks very much for taking the time to listen, and for your insightful comments, Andy. Glad you enjoyed it :)

justin3am wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:49 pm Beautiful timbral shifts create a glacial motion that I really love. Wonderful stuff!
Thanks for sharing!
I enjoy making these pieces of "slow music". It's easier to see the forest, when the trees don't get in the way.

Thanks very much for the listen and comments, Justin. Glad you liked it :)

Very nice world of sounds and melodies. Great stuff

Listened early morning. Beautiful. What is the source of the string sounds? I think the reverb time on some of the percussion hits is a bit high (or maybe the mix ratio is too high) but that's a small subjective preference.

tbh i am not a fan of ambient music (in general) - it is too static for my taste. so i don't comment about the musical components of your track (i just have no clue of ambient music). but i like the technical quality of the track. very nice long reverb, nothing popping out, and the synth-sounds are nice too. :tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Hezekiel wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:22 am Very nice world of sounds and melodies. Great stuff
Thank you very much for listening and commenting, Hezekiel. Glad you liked it :)

You take very much time to present the single pad sounds at the beginning. Good opportunity to calm down a bit. Very slowly moving track. I like the sounds and the soundscape they assemble.

Return to “Music Cafe”