Fragile Gods - "White Snow, No Sound"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This one is a bit more experimental than my usual stuff. It's a spoken word piece over a sort of electro-funk backing.

https://soundcloud.com/fragilegods/white-snow-no-sound

The lyrics are on Soundcloud. Any feedback is appreciated.

In fact, yes: here you have broken the usual pattern. But only partially. This song "White
Snow, No Sound" has very emotional input, great spoken vocals, and a really infectious
groove. In terms of composition, the song is very straight to the point - almost a bit short. :wink:

On the one hand, the song is very current: Snow is falling in the north right now -
probably in New York too. On the other hand, you create a dark, slightly broken
atmosphere - which contrasts well with the "white" in the snow. :o

The spoken vocals fit well here - it conveys a lot of feeling, a lot of strangeness, it's
what makes this song what it is.

I'm listening to it a second time now - and I think this is one of your best songs! For me
the highlight of the day - great! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Can't say it better than enroe. This is really cool. Vocal processing is perfect and sits just right. Groove is great… :clap:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

This is cool. Did you do the vox? The music and vocals go together really well, vibe wise and timing wise. Dug the transition to a funkier groove around 1:15. :tu:

enroe wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:11 am In fact, yes: here you have broken the usual pattern. But only partially. This song "White
Snow, No Sound" has very emotional input, great spoken vocals, and a really infectious
groove. In terms of composition, the song is very straight to the point - almost a bit short. :wink:

On the one hand, the song is very current: Snow is falling in the north right now -
probably in New York too. On the other hand, you create a dark, slightly broken
atmosphere - which contrasts well with the "white" in the snow. :o

The spoken vocals fit well here - it conveys a lot of feeling, a lot of strangeness, it's
what makes this song what it is.

I'm listening to it a second time now - and I think this is one of your best songs! For me
the highlight of the day - great! :clap:
I'm glad you liked this one given how different it is. You mentioned that the song is short and that is deliberate. The first draft was over 5 minutes and it sounded pretty monotonous so I did a lot of editing to keep it short and focused.

My wife also said it is one of my best songs but I think she said that because it doesn't have my singing on it. :oops:

Frantz,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: everything is cool instrumentally. Normally, I would get bored with that much spoken word, but your vocals have good tone and effects. Nice song and recording (includes audio quality)!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Production very good, vocals with the right type and amount of processing on them.
Spoken word works with this track very well. Very nice touch with the bells, low down in the mix, but they do add something to the "snowy" sound palette, and especially appreciated in the outro.
Lyrics were good too.
Good to hear you do something a little different, and do it effectively too.

Love it. Reminded me a bit (of feel, not necessarily sound) of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2vCpT1H7u0

Do think though that "Yellow Snow, No Eat", is a better title.. :hihi:

eassae wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:23 pm Can't say it better than enroe. This is really cool. Vocal processing is perfect and sits just right. Groove is great… :clap:
Thanks eassae! :)

Nice groove. Well recorded vocs and backing. Good mix and sounds.

This track certainly has less of a "pop" vibe than many of your recent songs, so this style was a little unexpected. I think electronic rock would be a better descriptor here, and if this track were to appear on a future Fragile Gods album, it would be more "at home" alongside some of your early tracks (e.g., Vanishing Point).

BTW, I prefer your vox. (spoken and sung) to Adi Newton's. No need for the SoundCloud lyrics here. Everything is coming through loud and clear. Great mix and instrumentation.

Good work :)

Didn't know what to expect. Know what this reminds me of? I can't think of the title and can't remember any of the lyrics right now but you know the song I'm talking about. Everybody does. Damn, it sucks getting old. Anyway, this was so cool. Loved it.

** EDIT **

FOUND IT! A classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXty8lDUW0

ecamburn wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:10 pm This is cool. Did you do the vox? The music and vocals go together really well, vibe wise and timing wise. Dug the transition to a funkier groove around 1:15. :tu:
Yes, that's me on vocals. Glad you liked it. :)

Not my normal fare, either, but nicely done. :tu:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:52 am My wife also said it is one of my best songs but I think she said that because it doesn't have my singing on it. :oops:
Haha, no - it's exactly the opposite: your singing - you call it "speaking" - is so direct and
expressive that it lifts the song up. :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Music Cafe”