Fragile Gods - "White Snow, No Sound"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 7:54 am Now your song: everything is cool instrumentally. Normally, I would get bored with that much spoken word, but your vocals have good tone and effects. Nice song and recording (includes audio quality)!
Thanks! Yes, I did try to vary the vocal delivery and the backing track enough so it wouldn't be boring. Glad it worked for you. :)

Bansaw wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:12 am Production very good, vocals with the right type and amount of processing on them.
Spoken word works with this track very well. Very nice touch with the bells, low down in the mix, but they do add something to the "snowy" sound palette, and especially appreciated in the outro.
Lyrics were good too.
Good to hear you do something a little different, and do it effectively too.
I'm not sure why but the bells do convey snow/winter to me as well. Glad you liked the production, vocals, and lyrics. Thanks for your thoughtful comments. :)

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:15 am Love it. Reminded me a bit (of feel, not necessarily sound) of this;
I am very familiar with the Cabs and "Sensoria." I am not seeing a huge amount of similarity but I guess it is roughly in the same ballpark.
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:15 am Do think though that "Yellow Snow, No Eat", is a better title.. :hihi:
Yes, that would be the Zappa version. :D

markkuja wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:45 pm Nice groove. Well recorded vocs and backing. Good mix and sounds.
Thanks markku!

Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:52 am ... but I think she said that because it doesn't have my singing on it. :oops:
No, no - i don't believe that! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

seismic1 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:30 am This track certainly has less of a "pop" vibe than many of your recent songs, so this style was a little unexpected. I think electronic rock would be a better descriptor here, and if this track were to appear on a future Fragile Gods album, it would be more "at home" alongside some of your early tracks (e.g., Vanishing Point).

BTW, I prefer your vox. (spoken and sung) to Adi Newton's. No need for the SoundCloud lyrics here. Everything is coming through loud and clear. Great mix and instrumentation.

Good work :)
I agree this isn't pop. I guess I thought "rock" required guitars but perhaps the genre is more expansive than that.

Yes, it is in the same vein as "Vanishing Point" or the more recent "When the Nighttime Comes." I like doing these less structured tracks occasionally and intend to include this one on my next release.

Clock DVA albums were very hard to get a hold of here in New York. I loved the Man Amplified album. Other bits and pieces that I've heard were less convincing. I do like his voice so I can appreciate the comparison. :)

Thanks, as always, for the detailed comments!

this is really cool. i like the vocal processing. your voice sounds really "full" and has enough "weight". :tu:
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Great groove and bassline. The delivery of "lost" at :30 is perfect. The texture of the vocals reminds of narration on old documentaries. I would characterize some of the vocals as singing (e.g 1:00-1:10). For me you succeeded in keeping it interesting by varying the vocal delivery. Listened a few times already. Thanks for sharing. :)

wagtunes wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:28 pm Didn't know what to expect. Know what this reminds me of? I can't think of the title and can't remember any of the lyrics right now but you know the song I'm talking about. Everybody does. Damn, it sucks getting old. Anyway, this was so cool. Loved it.

** EDIT **

FOUND IT! A classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXty8lDUW0
That Butthole Surfers song is something I heard playing in bars but never knew who it was. I guess there is some vague similarity in the spoken parts.

I'm glad you enjoyed my song. Thanks for your comments. :)

Bombadil wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:41 pm Not my normal fare, either, but nicely done. :tu:
Thank you, sir!

Good performances and mix too. Really liked it

I really dig the jamming feel of the backing track. Funky ass bass, and the drums have a nice pop. There are points that this throws off a Zappa vibe. Nice one.

enroe wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:35 am
Frantz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:52 am My wife also said it is one of my best songs but I think she said that because it doesn't have my singing on it. :oops:
Haha, no - it's exactly the opposite: your singing - you call it "speaking" - is so direct and
expressive that it lifts the song up. :hyper:
You're too kind. Thanks. :)

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:47 am this is really cool. i like the vocal processing. your voice sounds really "full" and has enough "weight". :tu:
Thanks for your feedback. I was also happy with the vocal processing on this one. 8)

Groovy....unique & tight....nice! :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”