Korg KingKORG NEO

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:10 am I'll post some sound examples/video when I can.
Nice. :tu:

Aiynzahev wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:53 pm
Introspective wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:23 pm Nice review, Aiyn. Thanks. Sounds like it is very similar to the original on most points.

How does the keyboard feel? The original was light, clacky, and cheap.
Yeah that’s how this one feels too. Not as bad as the Opsix though
Thanks. I had an Opsix, though, and that's not saying much at all. :)

gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:26 pm the microkorg I can understand: a popular choice (other than an MPC perhaps) for singers who "do beats" or want to do things like looping live.

the kingkorg I never really understood, even with the longer keyboard. it was like something the boss dreamed up while high on coke. "we'll have a tube. everybody loves tubes. they sound fukkin' great!"

and a va synth in something that's more like a Nord lead...but with a crappy keybed, not like a Nord.

it was like they got as far as making it in the hope the boss would finally realise what a mistake they'd made...but that never happened so they wound up having to ship it.

and then, the boss apparently snorted another plate of coke...
In general I'm not that excited about pure VA in hardware. I'm ok with VA filters on otherwise digital synths, e.g., wavestate, but we live in analog bliss these days. Either give me analog hardware or give me a plugin.

I'll probably get a wavestate in rack. But I'm going to buy another Pro-800 first.

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:42 pm
gaggle of hermits wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:26 pm the microkorg I can understand: a popular choice (other than an MPC perhaps) for singers who "do beats" or want to do things like looping live.

the kingkorg I never really understood, even with the longer keyboard. it was like something the boss dreamed up while high on coke. "we'll have a tube. everybody loves tubes. they sound fukkin' great!"

and a va synth in something that's more like a Nord lead...but with a crappy keybed, not like a Nord.

it was like they got as far as making it in the hope the boss would finally realise what a mistake they'd made...but that never happened so they wound up having to ship it.

and then, the boss apparently snorted another plate of coke...
In general I'm not that excited about pure VA in hardware. I'm ok with VA filters on otherwise digital synths, e.g., wavestate, but we live in analog bliss these days. Either give me analog hardware or give me a plugin.

I'll probably get a wavestate in rack. But I'm going to buy another Pro-800 first.
I’m a hardware VA fan, but it’s true they have less of a place in today’s world. They really to offer something beyond virtual analog. Hydra synth and Iridium are good examples.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I'm not sure how people is doing the mouse click-fest and how much sounds are produced in computer.
- one parameter at a time and so forth

I even tried with a UC33 controller with presets made for NI B4 with some improvement, but not enough. I started getting a Korg CX3, then a Hammond XK1 and then as of now XK3c.
- there is no going back from hardware

Since 4 synths, piano, hammond and drums, apart from guitars and a bass of course.
- no way I am moving any of this into computer again
- hands on everything
- electronic stuff, just power on and sit and fool around a bit

KingKorg was a bit too much menu diving to be real creative, so that had to go. The real treat is the ones small enough to have on your lap, Opsix and REV2 desktop.
- feet up in a comfy chair and off you go
- it does not matter if VA or analog, it's the hands on thingy

A really good VSTi synth is Waves Element with lot's of nice presets and tried sitting making my own a bit.
- nah, it just does not last long
- click, clickety-click, click, click....

The always inviting Opsix last night yet another lovely preset taking form also inspiring to some musical ideas.

This is my message of love to hardware and music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3JrFF3atw

Currently in stock and listed on Andertons for £899. Pretty expensive, but I have the original version.

https://www.andertons.co.uk/korg-kingko ... ynthesizer

<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”