MuLab 9.5.34 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:47 am
liquidsound wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:25 pm I'm going to use a Default new Rack and Propagate the Width.
When adding a new rack, and there alrteady are other racks, that new rack will use the average width of the existing racks, not the default rack width.
The default rack width is only used when MuLab really cannot determine a good width.

Is it ok as it is, or did i overthink it?
I do it by adding an Audio Track which creates a Default Rack and then I Propagate and Delete. It's a rare event. So, it's not a FR by any means (I don't think anyone would need it) and I can do it in those rare occasions.
Thanks for commenting on it.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

When I user Reason Studio Players and I record its MIDI out with the Event Recorder there seems to be a bug:

Recording with "Count Down Bars" set to an "odd" number (1,3,5 etc.) the first beat it's not recorded.
With "Count Down Bars" set to any "even" number, including 0, it records correctly.

Mulab 9.5.25 - W10

mutools wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:40 pm
  • New "Startup Project" preference lets you choose to always start with a new project, with the last project, or with the startup dialog.
So it's more obvious, can there be a way of choosing that on the startup dialog, too?

liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:09 pm I do it by adding an Audio Track which creates a Default Rack and then I Propagate and Delete.
In fact that's a bug.
When doing new track + rack, the new rack should behave the same as when doing new rack only.
Will be fixed in the next update.

That next update will also have some extra menu options in that right-click wide rack right-side menu.

liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:11 pm When I user Reason Studio Players and I record its MIDI out with the Event Recorder there seems to be a bug:

Recording with "Count Down Bars" set to an "odd" number (1,3,5 etc.) the first beat it's not recorded.
With "Count Down Bars" set to any "even" number, including 0, it records correctly.

Mulab 9.5.25 - W10
Tried that case but using the built-in Step Sequencer, works as expected.
Is it only with Reason Studio?

pljones wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:11 pm
mutools wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:40 pm
  • New "Startup Project" preference lets you choose to always start with a new project, with the last project, or with the startup dialog.
So it's more obvious, can there be a way of choosing that on the startup dialog, too?
It's on the wishlist.

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:49 pm
liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:11 pm When I user Reason Studio Players and I record its MIDI out with the Event Recorder there seems to be a bug:

Mulab 9.5.25 - W10
Tried that case but using the built-in Step Sequencer, works as expected.
Is it only with Reason Studio?
Reason Studio Player starts 1/16 after recording.
Stepic starts 1/4 after recording.
By just changing the count Down to 0 or an even number 2,4,6... there is no longer any issue.
There is something going on with odd Bars 1,3,5...

oldcastle wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:13 pm Just for the sake of consistency.
Ok, quick try to improve it.
Would this be better:
P2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:tu:

liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:24 pm Reason Studio Player starts 1/16 after recording.
By just changing the count Down to 0 or an even number 2,4,6... there is no longer any issue.
I quickly tried it with BlueArp.
Works as expected here.
Does it work well with BlueArp on your system?

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:40 pm
liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:24 pm Reason Studio Player starts 1/16 after recording.
I quickly tried it with BlueArp.
Works as expected here.
Does it work well with BlueArp on your system?
BlueArp works as intended.
I'm going to activate Riffer and get back to you.
Thanks you!

OK, Riffer has the same problem, 1/16
This also occurs if I'm just in Record mode for another Synth on a different Track and the MIDI Player is just playing along.
Not a major obstacle: using 2 Count Down Bars is mostly fine anyway. But it's better not to have such a glitch IMO.

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:30 pm
oldcastle wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:13 pm Just for the sake of consistency.
Ok, quick try to improve it.
Would this be better:
P2.png
Perfect!

FabBad wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:32 am Is it possible to add the possibility to insert loop markers on automation parts?
That would open a lot field for creativity ;)
Right-click an envelope point -> Set Loop Start / Loop End :wink:

Jo, that issues with the Count Down Bars is persistent while recording an audio output (not just MIDI) from a plugin that is driven by a MIDI VST.
The audio recording is offset and the first transient of a drum or an attack from a synth is not recorded.
The fact that using the Count Down Bars other than 1,3,5.. solves the problem is definitely a bug that eventually will be noticed with more people using MuLab with MIDI VSTs as its popularity grows.

Let me add that if I try to record from Microtonic (which is not a MIDI VST per se) almost the entire first beat is not recorded...

Return to “MUTOOLS”