MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutools wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:26 pm If that's the case please try this: Insert a 2nd instance of MuLab Plugin and insert Halion in that 2nd instance, without using it, but only to make sure that the MuLab Plugin instance you're disabling will not be the only MuLab Plugin instance using Halion. When that's done disable the original MuLab Plugin instance as before. Do you still get the error alerts?
The error occurs when MuLab contains the only active instance of Halion (no error when the 2nd instance is active - 2nd Halion within another instance of MuLab or Halion Loaded directly into DAW). The first part of the video shows another issue I didn't mention before: Halion's program (plugin state) is not being preserved when MuLab is re-enabled (Halion restarts with empty program slot). The second part of video shows re-enabling MuLab containing Halion when no other instance of Halion is active (this is where the error message appears).
---
https://youtu.be/iIpFJI88uss

That's a complicated issue because of the mixed usage of that plugin in both host DAW and MuLab Plugin. MuLab cannot know that a plugin is also used in the host DAW, no such option in the VST3 SDK. I've posted a question about this case on the Steinberg VST3 developer forum. Curious for their answer.

The only thing i can do now for now is add an option to bypass this problem.
In the next M9.5.29 update, in the MuLab Plugin Manager each plugin has a new switch "Keep DLL Open Until End".
I suggest you switch that on for any plugins you're using in both the host DAW and MuLab Plugin.
On top of that make sure you also have at least 1 MuLab Plugin instance (maybe an unused one, it's just to make sure MuLab Plugin will not end when disabling other MuLab Plugin instances) that you will not disable/delete until you're completely done. The combi of those 2 precautions will make that the parallel used VST3 plugin DLL is not exited/unloaded 'by accident' as a consequence of the parallel use in both host DAW and MuLab Plugin.

MuLab App M9.5.29 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

MuLab Plugin M9.5.29 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • After having deleted the tempo track, there was no option to create a new tempo track. Fixed.
  • After deleting the tempo track, the tempo track was still active in a hidden way. Fixed.
  • Further increased the tempo automation value resolution in between tempo envelope points. Doubled it to 1/2000.
    Practical examle: In between automation points from 135 to 134 bpm, it goes like 135 -> 134.9325 -> 134.8650 -> 134.7976 -> 134.7302 -> 134.6628 -> 134.5955 -> ...
  • Tempo Knob: When there are no tempo automations, then tweaking the knob will update audio clip displays and other tempo related things.
  • Envelope editor: Dragging a curve, using curve context menu options and editing a curve via the popup panel now all are undoable actions.
  • Plugin Manager: Plugins have an extra switch "Keep DLL Open Until End". Might be useful in specific cases.
  • When copying a rack in the rack desk via drag-drop, then its new position did not correspond to the drop position. Fixed.
  • Refined drawing of clips, note and sample events. Especially selections are drawn in a better way.
  • New preference "Composer Clip Title Back Darkening" defines the darkening of the composer clips title bars. By default it's a bit less than in previous MuLab versions.
  • Other small improvements.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:37 am I've posted a question about this case on the Steinberg VST3 developer forum. Curious for their answer.
Thanks for looking into this. Steinberg plugins can be tricky, especialy Halion - e.g. Blue Cat's Patchwork crashes instantly when Halion is inserted, Plugin Guru Unify also had this problem (fixed recently). I'll try the workaround you suggested. Not a big problem if it won't work - Halion has an integrated arp, sequencer and internal modulation sources, so I can achieve good results even outside of the MuLab. Thanks for the plugin update, I'll test it later on.

HI, first open of this beta, create a new rack from rack desk with "+" button.
It creates a rack but it does without the usual "+" on the right until I resize the main window that it gets normal as usual

Jo there's something that it could be refined in regards of the lower toolbars on the sequence editors.
M9.5.29 - please showme some toolbar.gif
As it can see, there's enough space for the shortest toolbar, it doesn't looks good the two folded if one o them can fit perfectly fine there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FabBad wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm HI, first open of this beta, create a new rack from rack desk with "+" button.
It creates a rack but it does without the usual "+" on the right until I resize the main window that it gets normal as usual
I can't repeat this. Can you pls send a little screen video of this?

robert_p wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:14 pm
mutools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:37 am I've posted a question about this case on the Steinberg VST3 developer forum. Curious for their answer.
Thanks for looking into this. Steinberg plugins can be tricky, especialy Halion - e.g. Blue Cat's Patchwork crashes instantly when Halion is inserted, Plugin Guru Unify also had this problem (fixed recently). I'll try the workaround you suggested. Not a big problem if it won't work - Halion has an integrated arp, sequencer and internal modulation sources, so I can achieve good results even outside of the MuLab. Thanks for the plugin update, I'll test it later on.
Ok, i got an answer from Steinberg on this.
The practical conclusion is that MuLab Plugin won't have a better solution than the one given earlier, thus using a dummy MuLab Plugin instance that prevents MuLab Plugin to 'quit', which happens when the very last instance is deleted, and at the same time make sure that you enable "Keep DLL Open Until End" for the relevant plugins. Please let me know if that solution works for you.

mutools wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 pm Please let me know if that solution works for you.
Yes, it works! Thank you!

Happy to hear that :phones:

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:30 pm
FabBad wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:55 pm HI, first open of this beta, create a new rack from rack desk with "+" button.
I can't repeat this. Can you pls send a little screen video of this?
Hi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thx.
Still can't repeat it.
Anyone else who can repeat this?
Any additional info on this issue very welcome.

mutools wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:38 pm Thx.
Still can't repeat it.
Anyone else who can repeat this?
Any additional info on this issue very welcome.
Just tried it here on Windows 11 (with 9.5.29) and it pushes the other racks to the left, keeping the Add button visible for me.

Are you saying this happens with M9.5.29 but not with M9.5.28?

Does it happen all the time, or under certain conditions?

When it happens please do MuLab menu -> Tools -> Log User Note and add "add rack issue" or something alike, then email me the log file. Thx.

it seems to be fixed now. I did the following:
1. Replace with previous version 9.5.27 (I don,t have the .28)
2. Test it again, still happens
3.load the earlier that i have, 9.5.24
4. Test, there's a couple popups regarding the inexistent feautures, which is normal
5. Go to rackdesk and add one, doesn't happen anymore
6. Ok revert back to the latest version to research again
7. Open, add rack.. doesn't happen anymore.
8. Tested with different GUI scales and other options that I don't remember well.
But I was unable to reproduce.

If I stumbled with this again, and find the cause, I'll contact you.

Return to “MUTOOLS”