MuLab 9.5.34 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great!
Those halts animations were a little annoyance but always did forgot to report due the not so big issue.
I will test later on.
Regards

mutools wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm MuLab App M9.5.21 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Oscillator Layer Setup: Fixed issue with the column labels.
  • LFO: Little bug fix when editing a tempo-synced frequency value containing "Cyc/Bt".
    Note that you can also input "3/4". It was the ambiguity about the slash that caused the issue. Fixed.
  • MUX Front Panels -> Rack Desk -> Color setup adapted to the new rack coloring method introduced in M9.5.18.
  • Project Browser drawn more separately, and taking rounded corners into account.
  • Live Matrix: Due to a recent change the focused scene header was not drawn correctly anymore. Fixed.
  • New color preferences:
    "Composer Back Color"
    "Live Scene Back Color"
    "Focused Live Scene Back Color"
    "Project Browser Back Color"
    "Property Panel Back Color"
  • Project name is shown centered.
  • Lasso selection in empty modular area caused a crash. Fixed.
  • The "Level Meter Max Level Reset Time" preference now also is listed in the rack desk preference panel and now is expressed in millisecs instead of secs.
  • The "Level Meter High/Medium/Low Color" preferences now also are listed in the rack desk preference panel.
  • Open Project launch dialog: When clicking in the file list, there was a little hickup in the wave animation. Fixed. This also fixes similar short halts in animations when checking for a doubleclick elsewhere in MuLab.
  • Other small improvements.
These are excellent changes, thank you!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

mutools wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:38 pm What's changed:
  • Oscillator Layer Setup: Fixed issue with the column labels.
"Num Layers" is missing (I forgot to pointing it out)

good night.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also, in the past topic about the audiorate DSP, I didn't notice at first cause the other concern,

Applying some offline DSP to the audio stream does destructive edit without consulting to the user if "save to original", save as copy. So I noticed that the original audiofile was modified without do a save from the user.

for example:

1. load an audio sample as Audio Stream
2. double click on the audio stream sample to edit in AudioLab
3. do apply some DSP, for example Gain Fade

And that's it, the original audio file was modified and without the user consent.

Anyone else seeing an issue with rendering is taking way too long? I'm talking playback uses 14% CPU but rendering is 8x slower than real-time?
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Bug found concerning the MultiForm Oscillator module. Likely there since Auto Render was implemented.

While in the Multi Form tab, if no source is running in the Source tab, Auto Render will run and return the dialog box, "No multi-wave sources." The auto render triggers whenever a parameter is added, removed, or changed.

If before the Auto Render initiates the user opens the [+] button on the Source or Transform page while there is no source, the dialog box will pop up and cannot be exited. The OK button will not work, nothing can be interacted with, and no keyboard shortcuts will work, essentially resulting in a hardlock.

Only playing notes with a MIDI keyboard seems to work.

https://youtu.be/pFCF_Qrfls4

On an opinionated note, a dialog box feels redundant in this instance. If no source exists, the user more likely than not already knows.
I make chunes and such!

PelletProject wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:23 pm Bug found concerning the MultiForm Oscillator module. Likely there since Auto Render was implemented.

While in the Multi Form tab, if no source is running in the Source tab, Auto Render will run and return the dialog box, "No multi-wave sources." The auto render triggers whenever a parameter is added, removed, or changed.

If before the Auto Render initiates the user opens the [+] button on the Source or Transform page while there is no source, the dialog box will pop up and cannot be exited. The OK button will not work, nothing can be interacted with, and no keyboard shortcuts will work, essentially resulting in a hardlock.
Will be fixed in the next update. Thx for reporting this :tu:

dakkra wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:44 pm Anyone else seeing an issue with rendering is taking way too long? I'm talking playback uses 14% CPU but rendering is 8x slower than real-time?
Rendering does not yet use multi-core processing. It's on the wishlist.

FabBad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:31 am "Num Layers" is missing (I forgot to pointing it out)
No it's not.
In M9.4 the "Num Layers" has been replaced by an individual on/off switch per layer, which is more comfortable and flexible.

mutools wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:23 pm
FabBad wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:31 am "Num Layers" is missing (I forgot to pointing it out)
No it's not.
In M9.4 the "Num Layers" has been replaced by an individual on/off switch per layer, which is more comfortable and flexible.
Thanks! I didn't notice this. :)

mutools wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:15 pm MUX Front Panels and VST/CLAP Plugin Editors: Top Controls can be folded.

Question to Windows users: Is it ok that MuLab would default to centered title text?
It can be changed to the conventional leftside title text, but is it ok if MuLab for Windows defaults to centered title text?
Finally!!!
Yes, much thanks to implemented this cool folded header feature.
About title text alignment, I had never minded.
I really like the current NeXT Step like look.

M9.5.21 Bug found - Editing front panels:
Click the pen tool to go into front panel editing mode. It takes two further clicks of the same icon to return to normal front panel, the first click only changes the highlight of the Edit Front Panel button whilst remaining in editing mode, another click is needed to return to normal front panel mode.

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:47 pm M9.5.21 Bug found - Editing front panels:
Click the pen tool to go into front panel editing mode. It takes two further clicks of the same icon to return to normal front panel, the first click only changes the highlight of the Edit Front Panel button whilst remaining in editing mode, another click is needed to return to normal front panel mode.
Thx for reporting this! Will be fixed in the next update.

MuLab App M9.5.22 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Tracks now have a "Duplicate Track" menu option.
    It was more complicated than expected to implement this so any help with beta testing this is much appreciated.
  • Wide rack width can be changed by dragging the right border. Folded rack width stays the same.
  • Composer -> Render to audio file functions now use multi-core processing.
  • Multi-form Osc: In certain specific cases, auto-render could cause a blocking modal popup. Fixed.
  • MUX Front Panels: When in editing mode and clicking the edit button again to stop editing this only worked after a second click, due to a recent new beta bug. Fixed.

mutools wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:24 pm MuLab App M9.5.22 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Tracks now have a "Duplicate Track" menu option.
    It was more complicated than expected to implement this so any help with beta testing this is much appreciated.
Thanks Jo for this feature. My question is shouldn't the rack associated to the track to be duplicate also? Or maybe has an option for it?

Return to “MUTOOLS”