MuLab 9.5.34 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Duplicate track seems ok, tested with several tracks and worked without issue. Also, Undo Duplicate Track worked fine, again, several attempts without any problems.

Thanks Jo for this feature. My question is shouldn't the rack associated to the track to be duplicate also? Or maybe has an option for it?
I agree. Duplicating a track should also duplicate the associated rack.

Many big ups for the adjustable wide rack width! Is there a way to apply width changes to all racks?

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 pm Many big ups for the adjustable wide rack width! Is there a way to apply width changes to all racks?
Shame there isn't a default Rack Width option in the Rack Preferences ;)

Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:48 pm Is there a way to apply width changes to all racks?
Any proposal for a user friendly way to do that?

What about right-click on rack right side => popup option "Apply To All Wide Racks".
That way you can even select which racks it should be applied to.

Sounds pretty user friendly here, thanks Jo----

PS - RIP M. Emmett Walsh, character actor supreme

digaldeman wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:42 pm
Thanks Jo for this feature. My question is shouldn't the rack associated to the track to be duplicate also? Or maybe has an option for it?
I agree. Duplicating a track should also duplicate the associated rack.
No, no, no - I definitely think this goes well against the logic of MuLab. A track IS NOT a rack. Many competely independent tracks can route to one rack. One track can route to many completely independent racks. It's only when there's a hard 1:1 relationship that it would make any sense for this to be fixed. Maybe if you could click-select multiple objects and "duplicate" duplicated them, along with connections between them? Then you'd click one or more tracks and whichever racks you liked and "duplicate" would do just what you'd expect. But you'd need to make that an explicit direction of the user choosing which items to include in the "duplicate" action, not have MuLab guess.

pljones wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:17 pm ... It's only when there's a hard 1:1 relationship that it would make any sense for this to be fixed. .... But you'd need to make that an explicit direction of the user choosing which items to include in the "duplicate" action, not have MuLab guess.
You made a good point but I prefer a 1-1 relationship with the track and rack. I think many users from my other DAWs are accustomed to working in this 1-1 relationship as well. I think new users would benefit from what you suggested, an explicit choice:
- Duplicate (currently implemented)
- Duplicate (with associated Rack)

Jo, what do think?

I agree there should be a choice. It's being implemented.

One of the aspects that must be taken into account is that if a track has automation sub-tracks towards the target rack or any of its sub-modules, and the target rack is also duplicated, then the duplicated automation sub-tracks should point to the duplicated rack / sub-modules.

MuLab App M9.5.23 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Duplicate Track now also gives the option to duplicate the target rack.
  • Right-click wide rack right-side = "Propagate Width". (Is that a good description?)
    This copies this rack width to the other wide racks.
  • Newly added racks get a width that equals the average width of the other racks.
    So if all other racks have width 160 then obviously the new rack will have width 160 too.
    If there are no racks yet, then the new "Default Rack Width" preference is used.

Thank you Jo!

Yes, thanks Jo! Propagate works. And thanks for the default rack width preference.

bug Delete Unused Racks
Delete Unused Racks.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Such a waste...

;)

sl23 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:28 pm bug Delete Unused Racks
Delete Unused Racks.PNG
Thx for reporting this!
It's a recent new bug and will be fixed asap.

Return to “MUTOOLS”