MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A bug :dog: :oops:
Will be fixed asap.

I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

MuLab App M9.5.28 beta for Windows 64 bit and Mac are available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

MuLab Plugin M9.5.28 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Curves: When a bezier curve has a limited X range, dragging the curve could reset that X range. Fixed.
  • Curves: When a curve has a limited X range, its context menu now includes "Reset X Range".
  • Knobs / Slider Editor: Layer context menu was gone. Fixed.
  • When editing a value via a popup box then in some cases (eg Tab Frame Button Index, MultiSampler Zone Output, ...) the new value was offset by 1 against the inputted value. Fixed.
  • VST2 Plugins that use the default host editor did not have an unfold option to show the VST presets. Fixed.

Bug: using Mac 11.7.10

When using the plus button on the right side of the window bar, the tool bar displays, but an equal amount of blank space displays below. When clicking the minus button, everything disappears, including the window bar. i have to close and reopen the window to get it to draw correctly.

This is only in regards to third-party plugins. Native plugins behave as expected.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Works as expected now! great work!

Maybe this doesn't hadn't on the table but, the undo for curves isn't working, it only works for points.

liquidsound wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:24 pm OK, Riffer has the same problem, 1/16
This also occurs if I'm just in Record mode for another Synth on a different Track and the MIDI Player is just playing along.
Not a major obstacle: using 2 Count Down Bars is mostly fine anyway. But it's better not to have such a glitch IMO.
Please email me a little project using Riffer that demonstrates this recording issue, including the steps to repeat it.
Or alternatively create a screen video starting from a new project, also using Riffer, how to repeat the problematic recording.
Thanks.

Ok.
Sent a short video to MuTools' infodesk
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

FabBad wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:36 pm Maybe this doesn't hadn't on the table but, the undo for curves isn't working, it only works for points.
In the next update, both dragging a curve and editing a curve via the popup panel will be undoable actions.

Great! Thanks Jo :tu:

Heya!

PelletProject (Sam) and I think we have figured out why the tempo automation is a little strange to us and causing desync with plugins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVOT5lYMRzo

Ideally tempo automation would be linear rather than exponential by powers of 2.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers!
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

What do you mean with "causing desync with plugins" ?

Alright so I tried out this test with Digitalis (in reference to PelletProjects prior post) with different DAWs....

Live - stays in sync
Bitwig - out of sync
Studio One - out of sync
Mulab - out of sync
Reaper - doesn't even start in the right place, so scuffed

So... I guess Mulab is normal in this aspect, but if it would handle like Live (which seems to be devil magic)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ithfVoH2c
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Thx for elaborating about that specific desync issue.
Good to hear MuLab is normal in this aspect and not the only host DAW where there might be an imperfection when using certain plugins that use host sequencer info like tempo, play state etc.
I'll reflect on this topic, in fact there may be a topical link to what liquidsound brought up wrt the count down issue when using certain sequencer plugins. I already suspect what it is about technically, but will have to reflect about a solution. Whether that solution will be before the MuLab 9.5 release or for a later release, that's also something i'll have to think about because the solution most probably will need some deeper sensitive surgery in the composer sequencing code and i don't want to do that just before the M9.5 release. (I regard M9.5 as almost ready for release)

On the linear vs exponential tempo automation: I disagree it must/should be linear. I think the feeling of tempo is alike the feeling of pitch. The way tempo automation works now is musically fine, imho. If for whatever musical reason you feel that a certain tempo automation is not flowing/curving as you want, note that the tempo clips have all curving flexibility as other automation clips, so you can bend the tempo automation curves until it musically feels right to you.

About the tempo automation resolution and why it sometimes seems to skip a decimal like from 127.9 to 127.7: Currently M9.5.28 uses a dynamic tempo automation resolution of approx 1/1000.
So in between two points from 128 to 127, it goes in steps of approx 0.128 bpm.
So internally it goes like 128.0 -> 127.872 -> 127.744 -> ... and due to the display rounding that's why you see 128.0 -> 127.9 -> 127.7 -> ...
I agree that might not look nice even though it's technically ok, but i'll further increase the tempo value resolution so that such tempo display jumps are avoided as it might give an odd UX.
Note that this is only about the tempo curves in between envelope points. The tempo envelope points themselves are always performed at the exact tempo value you set (even if it has many decimals) and with sample accurate timing.

Hi, I have some issues with Halion 7 vst3 and other Steinberg plugins. Disabling and re-enabling MuLab Plugin (i.e. making plugin offline in Reaper or Studio One) results in an error message. The same problem existed in previous versions of MuLab Plugin:
---
Msg1.jpg
Msg2.jpg
Msg3.jpg
---
Log-20240408-100712.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

robert_p wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:26 am Hi, I have some issues with Halion 7 vst3 and other Steinberg plugins. Disabling and re-enabling MuLab Plugin (i.e. making plugin offline in Reaper or Studio One) results in an error message. The same problem existed in previous versions of MuLab Plugin
The 2 MuLab Plugin error alerts are in fact the result of the same single issue: Halion does not reinstantiate.

Do i understand it right that you're using Halion directly in your host DAW as well as inside MuLab Plugin?

If that's the case please try this: Insert a 2nd instance of MuLab Plugin and insert Halion in that 2nd instance, without using it, but only to make sure that the MuLab Plugin instance you're disabling will not be the only MuLab Plugin instance using Halion. When that's done disable the original MuLab Plugin instance as before. Do you still get the error alerts?

Return to “MUTOOLS”