Favorite Developer Of The Month Thread!

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I thought it would be informative and interesting to have a thread whereby users could list their favorite audio software developer at the present time (month to month or whatever) and the reason. This might be a nice departure from this vs. that shootouts and such.

WHO is your favorite developer at this time?
WHY?

January 2024, I'm really digging Baby Audio.
I find their audio tools to be fun, inspiring, and musical. Their releases are either original or something familiar with a unique twist. In short, I smile when I launch a Baby Audio plug.

Kilohearts has seen a lot of use in my projects this month. Just nice quick plugins to use :party:

gjunk wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:32 pm Kilohearts has seen a lot of use in my projects this month. Just nice quick plugins to use :party:
Kilohearts is a wonderful company. They would have been my favorite developer for December. :) Snap Heap is a really useful housing for simple, powerful FX experimentation.

I've really been liking Minimal Audio and Devious Machines. Two companies with great tools that are focused on sound design and have very thoughtful features, user interfaces, and workflow considerations.

I'll let you know on Tuesday, after Universal Audio releases the next UADx plugin...
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I'll also be back on Tuesday, after Danfangled blesses us with a new magic spell to cast in our DAWs.

It's gotta be Disco DSP...

George really goes the extra mile for his customers and his service bot is super friendly :lol:
No auto tune...

Variety of sound
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Nug Wrangler wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm Variety of sound
VARIETY OF SOUND
sound affairs & audio effect design

They look unique. May I ask why you dig them?
Last edited by tommyzai on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommyzai wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:45 pm
Nug Wrangler wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:15 pm Variety of sound
VARIETY OF SOUND
sound affairs & audio effect design

They look unique. May I ask, why you dig them?
i dig them because they sound great and use verry little cpu. there is also some unique plugins like Rescue mkII and preFIX
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

It got to be Uaudio

Tokyo Dawn Records. Great plugins for mastering, clear UI, license / registration works well. What more can I ask?

Well, If it got to be current then for me it would be Franck “hitchhikr” Charlet who took open source NoiseTrekker2 & heavily modified it for Modern Systems but kept Cool Dual 303s & Internal Synth creating Protrekkr presently at version 2.6.3... All closed in FX no wimpy VSTs dependence...All done for FREE!!

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=50409

https://github.com/hitchhikr/protrekkr/releases

Terribly mainstream, I know ;) but Arturia has to be it.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”