whose singing voice do you love or hate?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vocaloid

ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pmLOL, Projection much? Has anyone ever told you that you're like Australia's low budget Henry Rollins?
I think you are confusing "not into music" with "not into the same kind of music as me" because I am completely and utterly into the kind of music I like. I find that people with a tolerance for a broad range of music are not normally people with any real passion for music. I'd even question the OP - if you have to be in the mood to enjoy your Techno, why not find some genre that you are always in the mood for? Really good music that connects with you will put you in the mood.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

For female vocalist I chose Joan Armatrading.

For male vocalist, the late, great John Martyn.
바보

gaf_thit wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:16 pm
Frantz wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:32 am I'm a fan of the late, great Sean Boniwell's voice of 60s garage rockers The Music Machine.
My fav is Trouble. That bass gor blimey!
It's amazing that the album is pretty good. They were booked into a studio to record the entire album in one session immediately after playing a gig. Sean's voice is a little rough as a result.

With proper management, the band could have done much better.

BONES wrote:I find that people with a tolerance for a broad range of music are not normally people with any real passion for music.
What are you talking about??? Don't excuse this opinion you have with the word "normally". What exactly are you saying here??

VOODOO U wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 am
BONES wrote:I find that people with a tolerance for a broad range of music are not normally people with any real passion for music.
What are you talking about??? Don't excuse this opinion you have with the word "normally". What exactly are you saying here??
You have to allow for some variance in accuracy. He's reading tealeaves off of the inside of his intestinal walls, it's known to be a bit sloppy. Henry Rollins is quite practiced at that as well.

bftucker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:39 pm For female vocalist I chose Joan Armatrading.

For male vocalist, the late, great John Martyn.
That you love, or hate? I can't say that I am a Joan Armatrading fan, I have one CD of hers. But I loved listening to it because of the production. Over time the record really grew on me.

My musical taste is limited in comparison to many of you. I just never found anything as good as the era in which I grew up. There's so much there that is far richer and original than anything I've heard in the last 30 years. The last time something grabbed me and shook me was 'Smells Like Teen Spirit.' Heard it full blast st a dance, and if forced me out of my chair to dance and give myself whiplash nodding my head and dancing.
Classical music has a lot of dross, but the good stuff is beyond what any of us will do, or could do.

Bones seems to be a comedian in the mould of Andrew Dice Clay. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

ghettosynth wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:54 am
VOODOO U wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 am
You have to allow for some variance in accuracy. He's reading tealeaves off of the inside of his intestinal walls, it's known to be a bit sloppy. Henry Rollins is quite practiced at that as well.
Rollins comes across as someone who is still a virgin and has no friends except for a sugar daddy that rescued him from an ice cream shop.
Are you telling me bones likes ice cream???

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:35 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:46 pmLOL, Projection much? Has anyone ever told you that you're like Australia's low budget Henry Rollins?
I think you are confusing "not into music" with "not into the same kind of music as me" because I am completely and utterly into the kind of music I like. I find that people with a tolerance for a broad range of music are not normally people with any real passion for music. I'd even question the OP - if you have to be in the mood to enjoy your Techno, why not find some genre that you are always in the mood for? Really good music that connects with you will put you in the mood.
most people aren't angry, 100 % of the time, so they require different stimuli occasionally.

you often state how you don't care about musicality, but attitude. so maybe, it is you who doesn't like music per se, but do like to take solace from the fact, you aren't alone in the world. shared anger.

i think we can all agree on this one...

https://youtu.be/BLkvtHwSyM4?si=1NFNZ64DkkAiYBJE

VOODOO U wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 amWhat exactly are you saying here??
What I'm saying is that if you are truly moved by Smells Like Teen Spirit there is no way you are going to be into Shania Twain and Beyonce. It's just not possible. If you think you are, it's because none of it affects you the way good music affects me and for that I pity you.
vurt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:27 pmmost people aren't angry, 100 % of the time, so they require different stimuli occasionally.
Relevance? What's angry about Modern English or The Associates? What's angry bout Urban Verbs or most of Fischer Z's output? What's angry about Madness? Even Cabaret Voltaire or Death in June could hardly be described as angry. Emotions are far more complex than your 10 year-old brain seems to understand.
you often state how you don't care about musicality, but attitude. so maybe, it is you who doesn't like music per se
If you think that, it simply reveals how little music affects you. Because the thing is, a good musician can play any style/genre, it's no barrier to anything. e.g. Mars Williams (R.I.P.) was the best thing about The Psychedelic Furs when I saw them live in 2022 but he was best known, and highly respected, for his work as a jazz musician. Jaz Coleman from Killing Joke is a classically trained pianist who has been the Composer in Residence for both the country of New Zealand and the European Union. Looking at it from the other perspective, Debbie Harry's very ordinary singing voice never held Blondie back, nor did Hugh Cornwall's terrible guitar playing in The Stranglers. Ditto for Fred Schneider in the B-52s. And look at Bob Dylan, the man can't sing to save his f**king life but that hasn't really held him back, has it?
Bombadil wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:22 am My musical taste is limited in comparison to many of you. I just never found anything as good as the era in which I grew up.
You don't find that an unlikely coincidence? You don't see that it is most likely simple nostalgia?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:57 pm i think we can all agree on this one...

"the lights has been turned down in the age of reason"
that one?
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

I like Kelsy Karter 8)

https://youtu.be/_nRjsiTcSV8

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:57 pm i think we can all agree on this one...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :help:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

BONES wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:21 pm What I'm saying is that if you are truly moved by Smells Like Teen Spirit there is no way you are going to be into Shania Twain and Beyonce. It's just not possible. If you think you are, it's because none of it affects you the way good music affects me and for that I pity you.
I guess I'll just have to take your word for it as far as only one genre of music being impactful at a level where other genres have no affect.
If someone offered me a pill to experience that I wouldn't take it. Sounds boring. I much prefer wearing the producer hat and being affected by multiple genres.
Heads up, XTC and Psychedlic Furs aren't the same genre as Novakill.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”