Arturia Pigments 5 out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

reppinghades wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:10 pm Image

Its missing on mine. Checked Arturia Software Centre and there's no pending updates either. Weird!

Edit: It's not on standalone version. I can see it when opened pigments in Ableton. Thanks guys!

It's really great that they added this option. Before this, setting the default preset was not that straightforward and also it gets reset after updation. If they add the option to set a patch as default preset like Vital and Surge, It would make it even better.
That will be their new "Custom Defaults" they added for users. Is its OS dependant perhaps??

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am

Its missing on mine. Checked Arturia Software Centre and there's no pending updates either. Weird!

Edit: It's not on standalone version. I can see it when opened pigments in Ableton. Thanks guys!

It's really great that they added this option. Before this, setting the default preset was not that straightforward and also it gets reset after updation. If they add the option to set a patch as default preset like Vital and Surge, It would make it even better.
That will be their new "Custom Defaults" they added for users. Is its OS dependant perhaps??
Standalone doesn't have the option to set an opening preset. It opens in the state that you left it before it was closed. I kind of like it this way. I like that they added save as opening preset but what I would like more is if they make the init preset customizable like Vital and surge.

i tried the demo and the new multi core mode makes it run on my potato lap top, very nice arturia
i wonder should i buy, plugin very good :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

reppinghades wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm I would like more is if they make the init preset customizable like Vital and surge.
Can't you just make your own custom init preset however you want and just use that? Call it MyInit or whatever?

I do that with all my soft synths. On Synths like Pigments or HALion of Falcon I actually have several "Init" patches for each of the synth engines or combination of synth engines

All arranged as a category in the preset lists.

IvyBirds wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:16 am
reppinghades wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm I would like more is if they make the init preset customizable like Vital and surge.
Can't you just make your own custom init preset however you want and just use that? Call it MyInit or whatever?

I do that with all my soft synths. On Synths like Pigments or HALion of Falcon I actually have several "Init" patches for each of the synth engines or combination of synth engines

All arranged as a category in the preset lists.
That's what I am doing atm. Added a preset that's customized the way I want and I would select custom category when I open pigments and whenever I want to initialize, I click the arrow next to preset selector. "Set as default preset" option is really nice tho.

martiu wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:00 pm i tried the demo and the new multi core mode makes it run on my potato lap top, very nice arturia
Buy now!

reppinghades wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:49 am

Standalone doesn't have the option to set an opening preset. It opens in the state that you left it before it was closed. I kind of like it this way. I like that they added save as opening preset but what I would like more is if they make the init preset customizable like Vital and surge.
Yeah I just had a look myself and I can't find it either. Bizarre.

martiu wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:00 pm i tried the demo and the new multi core mode makes it run on my potato lap top, very nice arturia
Isn't your catch phrase "buy now"...

Or save towards a non potato laptop?

Return to “Instruments”