Arturia Pigments 5 out now

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

swilow11 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:04 am A wavetable editor would be great, even just something as 'basic' as Vitals. After that, what I would love the most is being able to resythesise/resample a patch ala Serum or Vital.
With this do you mean that you'd manually tweak the harmonics of the wavetable?

Btw. the upcoming, free Zebralette 3 seems to be a real powerhouse for creating wavetables. But I'm aware - it's not the same to do this in an external editor vs. directly within the synth within the full context.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

dune_rave wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:58 pm I've just tried this :
Pigments now able to
-output midi to another synth
-receive audio in and process it

BUT can Pigments (one instance) do this in the same time?

For example you load Arturia MS-20, and set its audio output as audio in in Pigments. Then load some fx, and you can hear that works.
Then I've tried to route Pigments midi output to ms-20, and also set pigments sequencer to one of its presets.
I have no success in this (in Reaper 7).
The whole story would be like this :
Pigments seq --> (midi) --> MS-20 ----> (AUDIO OUT) ---> PIGMENTS aUDIO IN --> pIGMENTS FX --> Final audio output
Tried it; works fine here. (Cubase 12, Windows)

dune_rave wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:58 pm I've just tried this :
Pigments now able to
-output midi to another synth
-receive audio in and process it

BUT can Pigments (one instance) do this in the same time?

For example you load Arturia MS-20, and set its audio output as audio in in Pigments. Then load some fx, and you can hear that works.
Then I've tried to route Pigments midi output to ms-20, and also set pigments sequencer to one of its presets.
I have no success in this (in Reaper 7).
The whole story would be like this :
Pigments seq --> (midi) --> MS-20 ----> (AUDIO OUT) ---> PIGMENTS aUDIO IN --> pIGMENTS FX --> Final audio output
Interesting approach. It's possible, just tried it in Live. Tutorial below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

What's more, it can even feedback itself. Just select the "1 Pigments" track in the sidechain selector. Watch your levels!
https://spektralisk.com/products | Sound libraries for: Massive X, Pigments, Vital, Razor, Kontour and more | Free sounds → Sound Flux

I never mind a free update like this!
I still find that interface a little garish, the new 'light theme' does help tone it down though.
Sooner than later all I'll need is Pigments, one synth to rule them all and in the studio bind them :wink:

Multicore feature not properly works it seems, plugin uses 4 cores (as described) even with disable state "multicore" button. Ie switching does nothing. Although, occurs some little change in metering during switch, but does not affect to threads using.
Respectively i afraid fixing this problem will negate declared cpu eating optimization, since plugin will show his real eating.
v501.4491 \ Win10 \ VST2

EDIT:
Although I'm confused - did install V4 again for checking, and he used multicore too. (But it seemed to me that 3 instead 4 (?) lol).
Well ok, in any case, there is issue with switching in v5.

chk071 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:40 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:38 am
mholloway wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:57 pm
briefcasemanx wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:21 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:14 pm So, is Pigments 5 now the best synth on the planet? The one to rule them all?
Not until they make the analog engine sound better. I think they purposely gimped it because they think it might cannibalize V Collection sales.
Oh give me a break. They did no so such thing, and have no such concern.
Prove it.
That's not how it works. You claim something, you prove it. Not the other way around.
Actually, we both made claims. Feel free to read again and respond with a logical reply.

Link for today's livestream about Pigments 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLP2r_UwRA

davidka wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:35 pm Link for today's livestream about Pigments 5:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgLP2r_UwRA
Excellent 👍

I find it ironic how Pigments' sequencer is what lured me in, yet I still use Seqund to keep it going while browsing presets.

I like the modulation GUI/workflow.
swilow11 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:04 am A wavetable editor would be great
+1
Using other people's wavetables feels like using other people's bidet ;)
I hope Zebralette will be showing the Pig' how to clean up its act, soon.

cptgone wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:36 am I find it ironic how Pigments' sequencer is what lured me in, yet I still use Seqund to keep it going while browsing presets.

I like the modulation GUI/workflow.
swilow11 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:04 am A wavetable editor would be great
+1
Using other people's wavetables feels like using other people's bidet ;)
I hope Zebralette will be showing the Pig' how to clean up its act, soon.
😭

enCiphered wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:14 pm So, is Pigments 5 now the best synth on the planet? The one to rule them all?
Not until they make the analog engine sound better. I think they purposely gimped it because they think it might cannibalize V Collection sales.
Prove it.
You seem very confused. YOU asserted something, and provided no evidence whatsoever to back your claim. I called BS on your assertion. It's on you to prove yourself, not me. Deal with it. :tu:

Just popping in to say I bought my first sound set with that bundle Arturia offered for $19. I'm not disapointed, wanted some decent MPE patches and there are enough to make it worth it.

mholloway wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:00 am
Prove it.
You seem very confused. YOU asserted something, and provided no evidence whatsoever to back your claim. I called BS on your assertion. It's on you to prove yourself, not me. Deal with it. :tu:
You seem very confused. You also asserted something and provided no evidence. You're in the exact same boat as I am, don't pretend otherwise.

Nope. It was YOU who claimed that Arturia deliberately made the VA engine to sound bad, so, it's YOU who has to prove your claim.

But, let's not unnecessarily waste our time: You, of course, can't prove that, because you just pulled that claim out of your derrière.

Return to “Instruments”