New PC for Music; Lets do it right! (Optimal & Organized)

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

legendCNCD wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:10 am Asus drivers maybe very old btw. At least for my motherboard they were. Got from AMD and nVidia straight.
Okay, thanks again. I'll look into updating drivers. Do you suggest checking individually or is there an app/software that you'd suggest; that scans all your drivers and lets you know which are out of date?
(I used to use 'Avast Driver Scanner' but I learned my lesson and have to be careful. On my last PC, it found a bunch of out-of-date drivers and when pressing "Update All", one or a couple of them led to serious issues.)

No I just went to the chipset drivers of AMD and selected right card (and studio driver) from nVidia (did not install anything else except the driver, no geforce experience etc.).
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:52 am No I just went to the chipset drivers of AMD and selected right card (and studio driver) from nVidia (did not install anything else except the driver, no geforce experience etc.).
Okay, sounds good thanks. If I do update, I'll just stick with what's needed and important, and go through the manufacturer's site when possible.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”