OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

motomotomoto wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:32 am
simon.a.billington wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:04 am
motomotomoto wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:21 am I’m willing to bet that “context aware” just means it’s dynamically adjusting to input frequencies. Watching the video it appears to be just like Gullfoss (or stabilizer, TEOTE or wavesfactory equalizer, take your pick of these plugins) BUT you can adjust the curve yourself with those sliders (which none of the others can do). This allows for it to be a powerful tone shaping tool and imo a worthy evolution of the concept if executed well.
This is pretty much as I understand it. But an AI would have studied thousands of examples of what am ideal, good sounding instrument should sound like and use that as a baseline in knowing what to adjust.

But the user has the capability to intervene or completely veto the results to shape it according to the context inside an entire mix and their own personal needs.
I’m not aware of any plugins like this using any “ai” curve creation. As far as I know they are all pink noise curve based. Izotope and smart eq have profiles that are instrument trained but those are static eq based afaik.
This the era we're heading into. AI is starting to get used for these types of tasks. It's early days yet though, there will be much more to come.

My guess is they are also leveraging the Machine Learning chips built into our hardware. If you can recognise a face, you can recognise an instrument.

I'm excited to try it, but i don't think it's going to be a game changer like soothe.

It’s out now:
https://oeksound.com/plugins/bloom/

But the price (€199) is way too juicy for me in these trying times :o :cry:

Ridiculously overpriced! 😂

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:43 am
motomotomoto wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:32 am
simon.a.billington wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:04 am
motomotomoto wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:21 am I’m willing to bet that “context aware” just means it’s dynamically adjusting to input frequencies. Watching the video it appears to be just like Gullfoss (or stabilizer, TEOTE or wavesfactory equalizer, take your pick of these plugins) BUT you can adjust the curve yourself with those sliders (which none of the others can do). This allows for it to be a powerful tone shaping tool and imo a worthy evolution of the concept if executed well.
This is pretty much as I understand it. But an AI would have studied thousands of examples of what am ideal, good sounding instrument should sound like and use that as a baseline in knowing what to adjust.

But the user has the capability to intervene or completely veto the results to shape it according to the context inside an entire mix and their own personal needs.
I’m not aware of any plugins like this using any “ai” curve creation. As far as I know they are all pink noise curve based. Izotope and smart eq have profiles that are instrument trained but those are static eq based afaik.
This the era we're heading into. AI is starting to get used for these types of tasks. It's early days yet though, there will be much more to come.

My guess is they are also leveraging the Machine Learning chips built into our hardware. If you can recognise a face, you can recognise an instrument.
Yeah, I think context aware in this case is exactly that. It's not just basing the processing on the amplitude of the spectral content. There is an extra element of the processing "being aware" of what it is processing.

This is important since when we're dealing with resonances the Holy grail of these plugins is to recognise those resonances that are integral to the sound.

The formants in a voice, for example, are integral the sound of that voice so a plugin that can differentiate between resonances that are not a component of a voice and the ones that are is far more useful than one that doesn't.

I think that AI has a lot of negative connotations because it's being abused by marketing people but as a technology it has been and will be transformative if applied correctly.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:09 pm Ridiculously overpriced! 😂
I refuse to patronize companies that treat customers as though they should be grateful to pay exorbitant prices for their "Holy Grail" software. Oeksound is one of those companies.
Last edited by TBlake on Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buy now :?
FL Studio 21 - Waveform 12 | Surge - Variety of Sound

Will definitely wait for a price reduction. Looks like it could be interesting.

….but not for $209.00

$209 :!: :?: for an AI dynamic EQ. Auto-skipped.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

wow oeksound really did the SUGAR BYTES move. f*ck up their customers with arrogant price and "we believe this plugin..." blabla. sems companies with some well made plugins and earning some money get mostly like this.
waiting for a 50% sale or another company with a better? product.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:28 pm wow oeksound really did the SUGAR BYTES move. f*ck up their customers with arrogant price and "we believe this plugin..." blabla. sems companies with some well made plugins and earning some money get mostly like this.
waiting for a 50% sale or another company with a better? product.
It has come to my attention that during the last Black Friday, the developer was initially hesitant to offer its plugins for sale.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Had a quick playaround with this on the mix bus and a guitar track. I honestly much preferred the results I was getting from Gullfoss and Process Audio's Sugar. I've also a few alternatives to these (such as TEOTE) that I didn't bother with. Maybe it's my ears, but I just couldn't hear anything better than what a straightforward Dynamic EQ could achieve.

Track-wise, there are just too many other surgical and colouring EQs (AI and non AI) out there to warrant spending $200 on another one. No loyalty discount either kinda puts two fingers up to those, like me, who've kept them in business by purchasing Soothe and Spiff. This one's a definite miss.

Have been using Spiff and Soothe/Soothe2 since they came out. naturally very excited about Bloom.
Downloaded the trial and had a spin, I like it, it's pretty intuitive and the algorithm does sound quite nice, I like it better than the Sonible SmartEQ or Voxengo TEOTE, it sounds more "natural" compared to those but not something I need or I would pay $209 for it.

Will wait and see what the price looks like during BF later this year, will definitely get it if it came down to $120~$140 ish.

Definitely overpriced
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

I do not think the price is too high for a tool, maybe not targeted for newbies at home anyway?
Watching some videos of it in action it could be a nice quick fixer for more dynamic and wide bandwidth solutions. Love the smash section :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Effects”