OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't dig this one.

motomotomoto wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:07 pm The issue I have with bloom and I’m still in my trial period, is that I don’t really know when to reach for it. Resonance suppression? I’d rather Soothe 2. Compression, it’s not my fav choice. Perhaps broad eq moves, maybe, it’s pretty good there honestly. It also imparts a certain sound to the material that I have come to recognize quickly (is that the bloom?), and processors that do that reliably are usually pretty useful in the end when one comes to know that sound and want it.
I agree wholeheartedly.
My demo ran out and i currently don't miss it.

During the demo i tried it a few times where i thought it would work and it sort of worked, but i could very quickly do similar things with other tools so i just replaced it. Not once it did something so special i'd be blown away and kept it there, so i ended up asking myself whether i'm using with wrong

morelia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 am I was prepared to pay $200 but here it's well over $300.
that’s because your dollar is shite, mate.

it’s $209 in real money.

Ploki wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:08 pm
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:43 am Educated guess, but consider...

If it's aware of what something should ideally sound like, then who was the analysis performed. it would take way too long for people to do it manually so some form of AI is usually the go to do something like this.

Then if its making seemingly intelligent decisions based on what it receives air its input versus this "ideal" then that would require quite a detailed algorithm and a lot of trial and error to get it to work as advertised. Though, the more complex something is the more difficult it is to maintain. So again, these days, AI, neural networks is usually the goto for something like this.

Plus it's the new "craze" and everyone is getting on the bandwagon, so there's always that kind of element involved in any industry. You certainly don't want to get left behind if you're in a technology field.

Do some digging around though. I'd be really interested to know how it does work and whether my educated guess is right not.
You don't need AI to munch through a bunch of data, really, it can be automatised without AI. Neither gullfoss nor TEOTE use AI, nor soothe2 for that matter.

"Seemingly" intelligent decisions. Seemingly being the key here.
> Target curve X, source is Y, adjust Y to match X dynamically..
that's simple logic, no need for machine learning.

Compressors have been "program dependent" before they were even digital.

Anyway, apparently oeksound themselves said there's no AI involved:
https://www.production-expert.com/produ ... ert-review
simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:34 am
Well actually it all depends on what you're doing with AI. If yours spending months developing the core code, then months training it, then months again refining it and paying a group of 10 developers to do it, the whole process started getting very expensive.

The use of AI is very much like "how long is a piece of string" thing. I've heard people spending as much as a year getting developing their AI plugin.
again, assuming it's AI.

This is explicitly AI and it's not 200€
https://neutone.ai

It's a weird discussion, chucking AI into pricing scheme. Oeksound has always been expensive.
Bloom is the same quality as spiff and soothe2, in my opinion people just don't see it as indispensable
As I said it was an educated guess, I can't be right all the time. Thanks for correcting me on this.

I do believe it is possible without AI, it just seemed to be the big thing AI gets used for these days. Clearly Oeksound has found an alternative method, program dependant as you have said, but that'll just be a small part.

It does make me ask even more questions now.

If you have a small team of 5 developers each earning over 50k a year, then it becomes quite easy to hit over $1 million for the project budget if it takes them a year to develop. This is why some products can more expensive over other ones that may have only taken 3 months to develop.

I do believe this is the kind of plugin that would have taken them quite a while to develop, putting it in the more expensive price bracket. I don't use Oeksound, so it's not like I have mixed interests. I'm just simply stating an observation.

ed_anger wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:56 am
morelia wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:00 am I was prepared to pay $200 but here it's well over $300.

it’s $209 in real money.
Correct, sorry for the error.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

ed_anger wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:56 am

it’s $209 in real money.
Speaking of real, in gold it would cost 3 troy grams. A mere pittance for a Lord.

Return to “Effects”