OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems to be a craze for naming plugins Bloom at the moment

Digivolt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:34 pm
vexxangel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:40 pm (Cue FS: Gullfoss on FVR Sell forum).
Don't Gullfoss have the shitty terms that if you buy it on a sale, you can't transfer the license ?
FAQ "Early Access, NFR and academic licenses are non-transferable". Others are. I think I was early access. Bugger.

coroknight wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:06 pm I’m begging Oeksound to reconsider iLok. Bloom looks awesome but I’m not going to install background processes on my computer.
We are begging you to reconsider not using iLok. Afterall, if you do you can use Bloom... and 100's more amazing plugins. Run that background process. You wont regret it.

coroknight wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:06 pm I’m begging Oeksound to reconsider iLok. Bloom looks awesome but I’m not going to install background processes on my computer.

This practice is cancer and something I’ve had to actively avoid. If I wasn’t so dilligent I’d have, no joke, have 5 or more of these processes running in the background doing who knows what. I’m talking everything from anti-cheat rootkits for video games to various licensing and DRM programs.

Hell I had to return my UAD audio interface because it wanted to install a f**king background process just to get the ASIO drivers.

Enough is enough. Please stop. If companies like u-he can get away without iLok so can you. I believe in you Oeksound.
I've an obscene number of licences on my iLok and, strangely enough, my computer still works. It's plugged in right between my Codemeter and Syncrosoft dongles.

I'll make sure to contact Oeksound and let them know how happy I am that they use iLok.

I actually love iLok because it's a convenient system for storing all licenses in one place. While there is room for improvement (a lo, actually...), but overall it is a good licensing system from a stable company that has been around for 27 years...

I would like all plugins to use iLok...

many thanks to oeksound for using iLok and not messing with keys and giving us the opportunity to transfer licenses...

iLok forever...gogogo iLok!

This practice is cancer and something I’ve had to actively avoid. If I wasn’t so dilligent I’d have, no joke, have 5 or more of these processes running in the background doing who knows what. I’m talking everything from anti-cheat rootkits for video games to various licensing and DRM programs.

Hell I had to return my UAD audio interface because it wanted to install a f**king background process just to get the ASIO drivers.

Enough is enough. Please stop. If companies like u-he can get away without iLok so can you. I believe in you Oeksound.

Imagine simping for iLok. Pathetic.

You all are what’s wrong with the software industry. Supporting DRM software because… it saves a few minutes when installing software on your computer which you only do once? Really?

But screw it, whatever’s convenient right? Who has the time to copy-paste a license code into a text box? Better install more software that introduces security concerns and runs in the background. How about 5 more across various apps, why not?

Best anti-piracy protection is no protection at all. Some nice devs prefer it over product keys, key files, challenge/response or iLok.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Look the Oek Sound was cracked by r2r and new products will still be cracked.
So in the end who pay for ilok? The people who f**king buy the software legitly.. It sucks ass. Ilok is total bloatware and i cannot believe some ppl stand behind this shit lmao.
I even had to uninstall some plugins because of ilok and now i just avoid it if i can.
I'm not buying any Oek stuff because of ilok and tons of people are doing the same.
Teams will crack them anyway and it will be even easier soon with IA cracking

A wise man said "Why Do People Fight for Their Servitude as If It Were Their Salvation?" and it encompass the broader issue imho

iLok is one of the industry standards ... get over it.

Love how all the "sailors" get butt-hurt over iLok.

Anyways, this looks like a reimagining of a channel strip to me. Can anyone here who is using any from the usuals like SSL, UAD, Lindell, or Brainworx, comment on the sound quality of Bloom?
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:35 pm Love how all the "sailors" get butt-hurt over iLok.

Anyways, this looks like a reimagining of a channel strip to me. Can anyone here who is using any from the usuals like SSL, UAD, Lindell, or Brainworx, comment on the sound quality of Bloom?
Bloom is definitely not a channel strip. It's also not an analogue emulation, like most of what you listed. A comparison as such would not be that relevant. Bloom sounds good for what it does. It's an audio cleaner-uper.

tlkmx wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:15 pm I'm not buying any Oek stuff because of ilok and tons of people are doing the same.
I choose not to invest in Oeksound or Sound Theory audio plugins as I find them unsuitable for my workspace. In my experience, they seem overhyped, and their developers may be benefiting from this hype. I believe that high-quality sound material typically requires minimal manipulation to sound its best.
tlkmx wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:15 pm A wise man said "Why Do People Fight for Their Servitude as If It Were Their Salvation?" and it encompass the broader issue imho
People may defend their servitude because they perceive it as a form of security or stability, even if it restricts their freedom. Social conditioning plays a significant role in this phenomenon.

Meanwhile there have been reports suggesting that iLok authentication continues to work for plugins long after their development company goes out of business, making it a viable long-term option, second only to offline serial number activation. Especially when using a dongle instead of cloud or machine activation. Once activated on the dongle iLok plugins need no Internet to stay activated as long as this dongle doesn’t break. Use a second one as a backup and you’ll have working plugins for life.

Using cracked software can potentially turn your computer into a zombie machine exploited by malicious actors. Conversely, abstaining from copy-protected plugins for ideological reasons (of course we’re free to do so) limits our options.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

vexxangel wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:55 pm FAQ "Early Access, NFR and academic licenses are non-transferable". Others are. I think I was early access. Bugger.
they allowed me to sell mine, i didn't appreciate the switch to ilok at the time.

as far as bloom goes, i honestly expected more.
At this price point, i'm not sold on it.
It's cool, but i'm not sure what to do with it. It's not as flexible as a good EQ or compressor, and it's not as precise as soothe for problem solving. That places it into a weird "not sure what to do with it" spot.

Oeksound is gouging it's US customers forcing them to pay VAT which is not applicable to them. If you buy Bloom in the EU they charge 199 Euros and if you're not subject to VAT, you can use your VAT ID to lower that price to around 160 Euros. If you're a US customer buying Bloom you're charged 209 USD with no way to reduce that price even though VAT is not applicable to those outside the EU. So Oeksound is effectively charging US customers roughly $50 more per plugin for the privilege of buying their products. I have made Oeksound aware of this and they have zero interest in correcting it. This is absolutely reprehensible and no one from the US should purchase from Oeksound until they stop gouging US customers.

Return to “Effects”