OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And for 99% of other plugins people from EU pay up to 30% more then the people from the US. But, I understand you.

HcDoom wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:41 pm And for 99% of other plugins people from EU pay up to 30% more then the people from the US. But, I understand you.
That's not right either :tu:

In Japan, it’s $209 with the 10% JP tax included. I reckon that’s just their international pricing for everyone else outside EU. That’s just my assumption though, as it’s also $209 in Malaysia as well.

The price is high but I was ready to pay something like this and even if I was disappointed about no attention towards loyal customers I have to accept that and try to be neutral.

After some days of intense demo on complete mix and on single bus tracks I have to say that they are Some situation in which it works good tonal balancing and compressing the material you have it, and other situation it which it destroys your mix flattening too much all the sounds.

I ended up deciding that I prefer other combination of tools which gave me more controls but I have to admit that is a super quality plugin and maybe I will buy it in the near future.

Good job Oeksound.
Last edited by UltimiGiorniRecords on Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Double post sorry.

I was prepared to pay $200 but here it's well over $300.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

coroknight wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:59 pm You all are what’s wrong with the software industry. Supporting DRM software because… it saves a few minutes when installing software on your computer which you only do once? Really?

But screw it, whatever’s convenient right? Who has the time to copy-paste a license code into a text box? Better install more software that introduces security concerns and runs in the background. How about 5 more across various apps, why not?
You're missing the point entirely.

equisonus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:00 pm
Meanwhile there have been reports suggesting that iLok authentication continues to work for plugins long after their development company goes out of business, making it a viable long-term option, second only to offline serial number activation. Especially when using a dongle instead of cloud or machine activation. Once activated on the dongle iLok plugins need no Internet to stay activated as long as this dongle doesn’t break. Use a second one as a backup and you’ll have working plugins for life.

Using cracked software can potentially turn your computer into a zombie machine exploited by malicious actors. Conversely, abstaining from copy-protected plugins for ideological reasons (of course we’re free to do so) limits our options.
Well said.

WavesFactory Equalizer is a pretty awesome alternative which is also new. Cheaper and has a bit more control over the EQ bands. Doesn't have the color compressor like bloom but does the EQ fix just as well if not more detailed.

SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm WavesFactory Equalizer is a pretty awesome alternative which is also new. Cheaper and has a bit more control over the EQ bands. Doesn't have the color compressor like bloom but does the EQ fix just as well if not more detailed.
The band editor on equalizer affects band processing strength, not target balance. If Equalizer is boosting a band and you want it to cut, you can’t do that.

Cool tool, though.

dyross wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:12 pm
SoftSynthLover99 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm WavesFactory Equalizer is a pretty awesome alternative which is also new. Cheaper and has a bit more control over the EQ bands. Doesn't have the color compressor like bloom but does the EQ fix just as well if not more detailed.
The band editor on equalizer affects band processing strength, not target balance. If Equalizer is boosting a band and you want it to cut, you can’t do that.

Cool tool, though.
Yep correct, if you drag a section of the bands down to 0% it won't touch that section. You can get creative with the cut and boost knobs to really dial in a specific tone though. To be honest it works well enough I haven't needed to manually boost a specific frequency. And if I needed to boost something specific I could throw WavesFactory Spectre on right after it or Pro Q3. And it's zero latency which is awesome for production and tracking with.

I own Soothe 2 and have no doubt that Bloom is worth getting as oeksound make quality stuff. For budget conscious people you could get Spectre + Equalizer for less than bloom, and they both together cover A LOT of ground.

legendCNCD wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:54 pm
plexuss wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:54 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:55 pm I do not think the price is too high for a tool, maybe not targeted for newbies at home anyway?
Ironic since those are the folks that could use it the most.
Not sure if it would yield more destruction than fixing :party:
That seems to be consistent with most tools that give you more control. Dynamic eqs for example or multiband compression. It becomes a lot easier to overcook something if you're not practiced enough at it.

AI code is quite expensive to develop. It takes a great deal of time and a little trial and error to train neural networks. That cost just gets passed on.

It wont be always like that though. Like all other expensive tech it will come cheaper in time after machines become more capable and the software has paid for itself. Just look at all those expensive breakthrough plugins that aren't so expensive now.

simon.a.billington wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:44 am AI code is quite expensive to develop. It takes a great deal of time and a little trial and error to train neural networks. That cost just gets passed on.

It wont be always like that though. Like all other expensive tech it will come cheaper in time after machines become more capable and the software has paid for itself. Just look at all those expensive breakthrough plugins that aren't so expensive now.
what about this is AI

Ploki wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:50 pm what about this is AI
This ^^^
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Return to “Effects”