OEKSOUND Bloom (NEW)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...and you included the plugin name in the thread title! Now if you'd just edit the thread title (editing the first post should let you) on the Newfangled thread you started to include the plugin name, you'd be all set.

Looks promising but idk would love a single audio example but coming soon tm
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

an adaptive tone shaper

Control and even out irregularities in a rough sound >>>>>>> based upon what?
Increase warmth, clarity, or brightness in a safe and controlled fashion >>>>>>>> like an EQ?
Transform the tone of a sound with natural-sounding results >>>>>>>>>>>> what defines "natural" and why should be better?
Explore alternate versions of a boring sample >>>>>>>>>> ???

Yup, I am skeptical

Big fan of Oeksound, Soothe gets routine use, so very interested in hearing this. Too bad there's no intro video or someone showing footage at NAAM. Understandably, it's still probably in late alpha or early beta, but would like more info.
Last edited by sl1200mk2 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Its a high pass with a low pass inverter
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

given the quality oeksound usually delivers i'm looking forward to this

A bit more detail on it:

"Bloom is an adaptive tone shaper. It analyzes the character of a signal and applies corrections to the perceived tonal balance for a more even and refined sound.

This lets the user shape the tone and character of a track, for example by adding warmth, brightness, or clarity. Bloom’s adjustments are dynamic and context-aware. This makes the plug-in quick and intuitive to use and helps keep the material sounding natural even when making radical changes.

When its main “amount” control is turned up, Bloom aims to make the sound more balanced. It does this in a way that is context-aware, constantly changing based on input, and tuned by ear by oeksound’s engineers. The result can work as an efficient starting point in the mixing process, offering a quick way to even out and refine the tonal characteristics of a sound.

Four frequency balance sliders can be used to further shape the tone to taste, enabling both fine adjustments and radical transformations. These sliders change the overall tonal balance that Bloom is working towards, rather than making absolute cuts or boosts as found in an EQ. An additional squash mode engages a form of frequency- dependent compression. Other features include attack and release controls, mid/side operation and low-latency mode.

Bloom is oeksound’s first studio plug-in in four years, following Soothe (2016), Spiff (2018), and Soothe2 (2020). Its philosophy is similar to oeksound’s previous plug- ins: using highly efficient algorithms, tuned by ear, to shape audio in quick and musical ways. But Bloom steps away from explicit problem-solving and towards color and tone- shaping. It can be used to fix audio, but also to sculpt it creatively."

thanks, sound glorious

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:19 pm given the quality oeksound usually delivers i'm looking forward to this
Same here. I find Oeksound plugins to be top shelf. Looking forward to hearing Bloom in action.

That color theme though, yikes. Hoping Oeksound adds a user customizable color theme feature.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

This is one of the few releases that has made me excited in a while. Oeksound has been very solid.

Oeksound soothe and soothe2 are the real ones. Eyeing this one closely.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Sounds lovely. And those vibrant colors! How does it compare to Pigments 5?

scott_free wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:12 pm That color theme though, yikes. Hoping Oeksound adds a user customizable color theme feature.
Haha i can see that, although for me personally ima slap it on every track just for that pink

Normally I'd be a put off by the vague description and lack of audio examples but as it's oeksound I'll
certainly at least invest time in demoing it (if there's a demo).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Return to “Effects”