Can I sell unused software?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all! I recently won the EastWest Hollywood Fantasy Orchestra Bundle from Sweetwater. I have not registered it, I have the email with all the links to activate it, I have no use for it. Is it possible to sell it? How might I go about doing it? Thank you for your assistance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You can make a thread in the Buy And Sell forum with prices,etc.
You'll need to make a few more posts first. At least 5 iirc.

I see, thank you for the advice!

Congratulation! Out of curiosity, is it because you're not interested in orchestration? Or because you have similar vst already?

Also, just to avoid any issues with a buyer, it might also be worth contacting Sweetwater to confirm beforehand. Contests sometimes have fineprints.

Sweetwater asks you to agree to specific terms when you enter one of their giveaways, and the information is usually easy to find on their website or in any email correspondence.

I would either check the email that you received for winning (congratulations by the way), or ask your sales engineer directly what their policy is regarding the sale of products won in a giveaway.

Other than that, make sure that you haven’t registered anything until you find your answer. Then you shouldn’t have to worry about license transfers and/or any associated fees.

morphex wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:51 pm Sweetwater asks you to agree to specific terms when you enter one of their giveaways, and the information is usually easy to find on their website or in any email correspondence.

I would either check the email that you received for winning (congratulations by the way), or ask your sales engineer directly what their policy is regarding the sale of products won in a giveaway.

Other than that, make sure that you haven’t registered anything until you find your answer. Then you shouldn’t have to worry about license transfers and/or any associated fees.
That's just being complicated as hell. If he won a license that is not registered in any system by any means he can simply and fairly sell it because there's no way for anyone who gave the award to dictate or to know who will exhaust or activate the license for the first time.

And no company would ever go as far as blocking anyone. Because they already knew that he might give his license to his brother, mother, sister, or bandmate, or he could handle a license to his partner/colleague who is in charge of IT support and activating licenses, working in the very same studio or facility blabla.

The point is: that even the most partisan companies know this and they wouldn't blink. They gave a license, someone will activate it - end of the story. Who? They don't care.

You are just making it complicated as hell for the sake of being superficial.

Long story short: if nothing is activated and the license is say number or some sort of activation redeemed with a number - then there's no nothing that can stop him from selling a license that was never activated.

@kmonkey - It's not "being superficial" to advise someone to read the legal fine print that they have already agreed to in a giveaway, since most questions can be answered by doing so. That being said, I completely agree that it should be as easy and straight forward as you've described. :tu:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”