Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

I couldn't find any information about this little gem anywhere and I thought Mario needs a bit of exposure. I highly recommend checking out this little sequencer VSTi/AU plugin. Also available as standalone app!

https://marionietoworld.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PcjxtNWucw

NOTE: This is a MIDI Sequencer VSTi / AU plugin and thus doesn't make any sounds itself but I thought I'd add it in the instruments forum because you'll ultimately want to route it to an instrument and it is a VSTi plugin.

It's currently priced at 29 euros which I feel is very fair for this little gem of a sequencer. It plays extremely well from a MIDI keyboard and literally everything can be controlled by MIDI in real time and it all switches seamlessly and very smoothly. It can generate some fantastic sequences in a matter of seconds and almost every setting yields interesting results.

EDIT: I've shortened this post a bit and decided to post my feature requests in a separate post below to keep this one clear and concise.
Last edited by bmanic on Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

These are some things I hope Mario can add at some point:

1) MIDI Velocity control that functions like the rest of the knobs so that you get awesomely spread and interesting variation on velocities. Same with Modwheel and Aftertouch. Also a few custom MIDI CC nodes for the sequencer would be nice when feeding this into various hardware (and software too!).

2) I'd love to see a separate step sequencer portion but not for individual notes, instead it would be for changing the scales, note pool and root note. This separate sequencer could be placed below the main "euclidean" sequencer as a bunch of boxes where you could drag and drop scales and note pools into it. It should also have it's own separate loop length.. which would allow for awesome generative sequences while still being fully controlled and retriggered (if wanted) from MIDI keyboards.

3) I'd love to have control over the starting phase of the euclidean sequencer ring thing. As it is now, it always starts at a predefined position on each MIDI note-on message. Would be super fun if we had full control over this. More control over this would be awesome!

Anyhow, I think this is already a fantastic piece of software as is. It seems very stable running as VST3i on a Mac (in Reaper) and it's very responsive and completely glitch free. Everything can be changed on the fly easily and it results in absolutely fantastic results. If I can stop playing with this thing I'll try to record a few examples later.

Also, shout out to ZAYNE (ArtEntity), a youtuber with only 761 followers as of this moment, who I happened to stumble upon today. He was playing with this plugin. I immediately had to investigate it and purchased it about 2 hours ago. Been playing with it since then and I'm thoroughly impressed.

Cheers!
bManic

hey! thanks for sharing @bmanic :)

If you have any questions or suggestions about Harmony Bloom, I will be happy to answer them.

Mario

Looks interesting.

Looks cool. Two questions:
- Is it possible to route the "layers" to different midi channels?
- Is there a demo version?

bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 pm ...
2) I'd love to see a separate step sequencer portion but not for individual notes, instead it would be for changing the scales, note pool and root note. This separate sequencer could be placed below the main "euclidean" sequencer as a bunch of boxes where you could drag and drop scales and note pools into it.
You read my mind with this suggestion.

The ability to automate switching the trigger bars on and off would be pretty neat too.

Neat :tu:

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm hey! thanks for sharing @bmanic :)

If you have any questions or suggestions about Harmony Bloom, I will be happy to answer them.

Mario
Has anyone reported issues with the new 1.1 installer? On macOS i'm getting a Digital signature error.

Are there essential differences to Spiral in the Reaktor Library?

Unknown developer + plugin that needs activation = auto no-interest.

psynical wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:08 am
MarioNietoWorld wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:08 pm hey! thanks for sharing @bmanic :)

Mario
Has anyone reported issues with the new 1.1 installer? On macOS i'm getting a Digital signature error.
Worked here perfectly.. though I'm on Big Sur still.

Bought on sight a few weeks ago. :party:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Dr.Gunjah wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:27 pm Looks cool. Two questions:
- Is it possible to route the "layers" to different midi channels?
- Is there a demo version?
Harmony Bloom sends everything generated through a single MIDI channel. Could you give me more details about that function?

Regarding the demo version - I have a version created but not finished. If you send me an email at "I think it's because I've posted little, but I can't leave my email... please send me a PM.", I can send it to you. Although, I hope to have a public DEMO available at some point.

bmanic wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:43 pm These are some things I hope Mario can add at some point:

1) MIDI Velocity control that functions like the rest of the knobs so that you get awesomely spread and interesting variation on velocities. Same with Modwheel and Aftertouch. Also a few custom MIDI CC nodes for the sequencer would be nice when feeding this into various hardware (and software too!).

2) I'd love to see a separate step sequencer portion but not for individual notes, instead it would be for changing the scales, note pool and root note. This separate sequencer could be placed below the main "euclidean" sequencer as a bunch of boxes where you could drag and drop scales and note pools into it. It should also have it's own separate loop length.. which would allow for awesome generative sequences while still being fully controlled and retriggered (if wanted) from MIDI keyboards.

3) I'd love to have control over the starting phase of the euclidean sequencer ring thing. As it is now, it always starts at a predefined position on each MIDI note-on message. Would be super fun if we had full control over this. More control over this would be awesome!

Anyhow, I think this is already a fantastic piece of software as is. It seems very stable running as VST3i on a Mac (in Reaper) and it's very responsive and completely glitch free. Everything can be changed on the fly easily and it results in absolutely fantastic results. If I can stop playing with this thing I'll try to record a few examples later.

Also, shout out to ZAYNE (ArtEntity), a youtuber with only 761 followers as of this moment, who I happened to stumble upon today. He was playing with this plugin. I immediately had to investigate it and purchased it about 2 hours ago. Been playing with it since then and I'm thoroughly impressed.

Cheers!
bManic
Hey, I'm taking note of all the interesting ideas! In fact, the list of ideas just keeps growing :) I'll be working on them.

Regarding point 2, it's a very good idea, although right now doing this is possible through the automation of parameters in the DAW. Almost all the parameters are exposed and can be automated or controlled via CC (with MIDI LEARN), although it's true that (as joyneski says) the trigger Bars are not exposed, I've had several requests like this and right now it's my top priority. So, I hope that it will be available for the next update.

Cheers.

psynical wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:08 am

Mario
Hi, I need to check what's happening here. The installers are signed and notarized, and you shouldn't be having this problem. Please, can you write to me at "I think it's because I've posted little, but I can't leave my email... please send me a PM.", and I'll send you the installer from another link.

Return to “Instruments”