One Synth Challenge #180: Regency by nakst (ELEX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regency

voted.

In general I would recommend a few people to check out what's inside of a channel strips of either a real mixing consols or in DAWs like Cubase. ... like for instance a chain consisting of EQ (cutting, use for nasty resonances), Compressor, Peak-Limit (catch nasty outlier volume spikes), EQ (adding to the character), Volume Tool ...

I did it. Voting, I mean.

Voted. Been off the air for 1 week due to computer cores hitting over 100C after 3 mins when idle!

My liquid cooler and exhaust fan failed, so had to get repairs done ASAP.

Only a few tracks got commented - very sorry about that. Well done all :clap: :clap: :clap:

dB

Hi all,

For future reference for anyone who plans to use Regency in the future but didn't take time to figure out how to use the Generator Layers, I spent some time during the past two weeks working with the code snippets that the autor nakst posted some time ago, then created a video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdWHdk3L-OY

This video doesn't cover the formula possibilities I covered elsewhere, instead the basic flow of manipulation of the "modulator" functions depicted in the boxes and the phase and sync-amt knobs.

Done with voting. As usual, great tracks everyone - especially with this months not so familiar kind of synthesis!
"We should not kill the earth, we wouldn´t know where to bury it!" - Michel Granger

Voted
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

voted. Beautiful tracks, and amazing sound design from this very different synth

Final Results: ELEX - Fool's Errand is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. ELEX - Fool's Errand - 147
2. MilksterX - Bikini Wax - 139
3. puma17 - Brassed On - 134
4. ] Peter:H [ - In The Thin Air Tonight - 134
5. silverpants - I Am Kenough - 134

6. davi-dj - La Niebla - 133pts
7. Impedance Music - The Breakthrough - 132pts
8. VCA-089 - Hybrid Ops - 132pts
9. phankiejankie303 - R.A.V.E. - 131pts
10. Eauson - Kvr Osc Regency - 129pts
11. løkken - Of Hope and Sorrow - 129pts
12. hennessey (bh9090) - Chill for L - 126pts
13. MadMcMan - Phased Distortion Sessions - 124pts
14. ElVincente - That Little Lion In The Box - 123pts
15. gethiox - Gravity - 121pts
16. MATCHER - Robottled - 121pts
17. doctorbob - Rocking the Regency Night Club - 118pts
18. empphryio - Transmogrifications - 118pts
19. PeterBPL - Very Lonely Preset - 117pts
20. Negoba - Searching for the Divine - 116pts
21. zipidowski - No Regrets - 114pts
22. dstr - The Dancing Regency - 112pts
23. liqih - The Stolen Riff - 112pts
24. Quaoar - Signs Of Life - 110pts
25. IV! - Unknown - 109pts
26. BrainBeatMusic - Cry Gene - 106pts
27. audio_dsp - Shadow Figures - 105pts
28. emikaela - Voices Stacked To Grasp For Heaven - 104pts
29. SynthDX7 - Refrain Regency Rhythms of Romance - 96pts
30. 3lu5iv3 - Heat Of The Rhythm - 92pts
31. violator_alba - What The Bells? - 88pts
32. langevinbrendan - What You Sow - 83pts
33. DaveClark - A Short And Simple Farewell - 82pts
34. LunarKitten - 7 Rings of Sandwich - 60pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Well Done everyone! :phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Glad to see Elex get the win. Lots of good tracks IMHO from the top of the placings down to the bottom.

Congrats to the folks in green!

Congratulations Sir Elex!!! First win! So glad for you. Totally deserved. One of the best synth patches I've ever heard - and a super realistic performance. I told you you could win! :)
Captain Silverpants

Congratulations to the winners. This time I gave many 3s and some 2s, but very few 1s and still I am probably a person who gives the lowest scores. But as I wrote before - I like to reward by higher scores only selected ones. This was my last OSC anyway, so thank you for your votes (most of them would be probably lower if people weren't so afraid of the reaction to their votes). Nice experience anyway. And good luck in new editions.

Thanks all! Thanks for all your votes and comments on soundcloud!
Enjoy being part of this community. It motivates me to get tracks done and try to raise my standards. This round was especially interesting due to the special synthesize method used and the attempts to "reverse engineer" it. Shout out to Dave!
PeterBPL wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:29 pm This was my last OSC anyway, so thank you for your votes ...
Is there any particular OSC-specific reason for that?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:40 pm Is there any particular OSC-specific reason for that?
It's not related to votes if it's what you're asking for. It's just not a formula I like so much (making single song using single synth for 30 days plus 15 days of voting etc.). It was fun few times and I think is enough.

Congratulations to ELEX and all the winners. This was a challenging synth (at least for me) and some of you made amazing sounds with it.

Return to “Instruments”