One Synth Challenge #180: Regency by nakst (ELEX Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regency

Nevermind... :party:
★★★ One can enjoy a wood fire worthily only when he warms his thoughts by it as well as his hands and feet. ★★★

I would like to say before the voting starts. I am simultaneously proud of the work I've done and recognize the skill of the other people in this competition. I've learned a lot - I've never worked with a synth like this in my life - and recognize that others just are more experienced in production and mixing and the lay of the land. Good luck to all.

ELEX wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:57 pm My entry for this month's fun and games:

https://soundcloud.com/elex101/elex-fools-errand

Made in REAPER 7, using:

Nakst Regency (25, 18 patches ) ; TDR Nova (9) HOFA gain (4) ; HOFA pan (7) ; Flux Bittersweet ; HY-Delay ; Oril River ; Blue ARP ; JS Channel Time Delayer — on tracks

Oril River (12) ; Solaris (4) ; TDR Nova (4) ; HOFA Pan (16) ; JS Mixer (4) ; A1 Stereo Control (4) — on reverb buses (4)

TDR Nova (4) ; U-he Protoverb ; JS mixer ; A1 Stereo Control ; JS MS encoder & decoder (3) ; JS bandsplitter & joiner (2 ) ; Flux Bittersweet (4) ; Limiter No6 (4) — on master bus
wow, it sounds like a piano plugin!
well done!
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

This synth makes so many great sounds. But arriving at them seems a bit of a pain. IV shared his patches on the discord (sucks his track isn't on the soundcloud list :( ). ...if anyone else wants to share their's... that'd be great. I feel like mine are too basic to bother or I would also.

voted.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Voted.

Good news! IV's track is now on the list:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/iv-test-track

If you have already voted please check to make sure you have heard and included this one.

RichardSemper wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:11 pm Good news! IV's track is now on the list:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/iv-test-track

If you have already voted please check to make sure you have heard and included this one.
Thanks for the mention! It could have disappeared again from that moment, everything should be fine now, I hope.
3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:21 amvoted.
PeterBPL wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:50 amVoted.
For technical reasons, my track (submitted on time) was uploaded to the voting list only today. I would appreciate it if you would come back and vote for it too! :tu:

IV! wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:58 pm For technical reasons, my track (submitted on time) was uploaded to the voting list only today. I would appreciate it if you would come back and vote for it too! :tu:
As you can see (or not) I was listening your track (I know how to download file and listen - you give us very clear instruction) and even place comment. :)

Voted.

I guess I have voted. This month I was really feeling like it's all so subjective to the point that it's very close to pointless. So to try to minimize that I gave everyone a 4 that I couldn't really say there was actually anything at all "wrong" with it. And.... it's hard to really say about that so a ton of 4's. A very few 3's if I felt like something could have been improved. And you know, that could be entirely on me. A few tracks I noticed something that could be improved. Someone else notices a few things on an entirely different set of tracks.

I gave a very few 5's for tracks that I either plan on continuing to listen to or continue to play in my head long after listening. A few 2's that were probably largely subjective also. Sorry.

Have barely commented as I'm just not feeling it right now. Nothing comes to mind to say that isn't really obvious. Maybe I'll manage to comment more later. If not, sorry.

That's me most months! It's a struggle not to give most tracks a four. I've tried starting with threes for 'great' but most of them get bumped to a four again...

And I'm done: voted. Another great bunch of tracks!

Voted.

Voted.

Return to “Instruments”