Sampler recommendation with Simpler/Sampler workflow?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Reaper and sampling is..yeh. :?

Previously I have been hosting MPCbeats inside Reaper and using the sampler, I liked it - did everything I wanted, but since Reaper V7 I encounter lots of little problems with it and now I'm without a simpler/sampler.

I have Waves CR8 but I think the algorithms sound horrible :? also feels clunky to use so I didn't spend much time with it for those reasons, maybe I missed something? I tried Momentum (free) crashes Reaper. I'm keeping an eye out for Shortcircuit XT but it still seems far from completion.

I'm looking for something free / reasonably priced that's similar to Simpler/Sampler in Ableton.. If I can grab something for ~$50, even if I have to wait for sale prices, I'd be happy with that.

Any suggestions? Thanks. :)

Edit: Windows OS
Last edited by Srae on Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

For drums, I like Speedrum. They have a free version that works well with Reaper. For a rs5k alternative (I think that's what Simpler/Sampler are closer to, correct me if I'm wrong) you may want to try Samplv1 https://samplv1.sourceforge.io/lv2

There's TAL Sampler and TAL Drum as well.

https://bedroomproducersblog.com/2015/0 ... pler-free/

If you are on Windows and don't need slicing then free Grace by One Small Clue sampler I would have a closer look. ;)

Thank you, I'll take a good look at these suggestions. Should have mentioned I'm using Windows. :)

Renoise Redux is the only thing I can find that is similar, big empty spot in the market imo. Although I started to learn Redux and got into Renoise soooo but yeah it's worth the learning curve but not quite as fast.

On the simpler side of Simpler, AASamplePlayer is a pay what you want / free option. V2 through his patreon adds a few more features.

Expert Sleepers Crossfade Loop Synth or DiscoDSP Bliss could be an option, depending on the features you seek.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”