Korg Collection 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

Roman Wisniak wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:31 pm As far as I remember they realeased Collection 4 on December 22' so new version could be revealed soon.
I hope for 01W too as it was my workstation in early 90's.
i love Collection 5...
Last edited by SteelIII on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watchful wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 am
N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:52 pm Isn't O1W already in the M1, or maybe that's just the T1 that's already in the M1.
The M1 and the T-series were internally quite compatible in terms of sounds; the O1W had almost all-new samples in its ROM, and waveforms weren't swappable.
The T series was the successor to the M series, they were both based on Korg's AI. The 01/W was their replacement and was using the new AI2 engine..

KORG Collection 5
Last edited by SteelIII on Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

mothra wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:38 pm
Watchful wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 am
N 4 LIFE wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:52 pm Isn't O1W already in the M1, or maybe that's just the T1 that's already in the M1.
The M1 and the T-series were internally quite compatible in terms of sounds; the O1W had almost all-new samples in its ROM, and waveforms weren't swappable.
The T series was the successor to the M series, they were both based on Korg's AI. The 01/W was their replacement and was using the new AI2 engine..
Yes. I love the sound options on the m1 but my 03r/w has a higher quality sound to it. I also find myself using the tr Rack’s “m1 piano” more than the m1s.

In this case the Trinity would be the better choice because it took the 01/W to the next level...effects, quality of the samples, etc. So here's hoping for one they have actually mentioned...the Trinity.

Even better if they give us a fully expanded V3. (For the record I have no idea why I got rid of mine...like an idiot.)

Korg Collection 5

kOrg CoLlection 5!!11

For the Dutch folks: Dead sparrow!

JonSolo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:12 am In this case the Trinity would be the better choice because it took the 01/W to the next level...effects, quality of the samples, etc. So here's hoping for one they have actually mentioned...the Trinity.

Even better if they give us a fully expanded V3. (For the record I have no idea why I got rid of mine...like an idiot.)
There's already a Triton plugin, why go backwards??

It would be far from a backwards step. Though Triton built on what the Trinity had, Triton is not a proper successor to Trinity. It really starts with the filter. There are sounds in the Trinity I cannot reproduce on a Triton. There are not many modern Korgs I have not outright owned: Monopoly, Poly 800 (and a Mk2), Wavestation, M1, T3, X3, 01/W, Trinity, Triton, Triton Extreme (just recently sold...regret that too), M3, and Kronos (and Kronos 2).

I have always viewed the Triton as the 01/W update.

Korg Collection 5.png
Coming soon Korg Collection 5 before Release Date he's Now here Logo waiting bring Update announcement come back DSS-1 01/W Trinity...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

So will the update have Z1 and Trinity?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

:dog:

If Korg bought Roland,
all Roland (New:Korgland or Koland? ) Cloud instruments might be added to the Collection.
Maybe a reason to release Yamaha cloud in the end!?

JonSolo wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:52 am It would be far from a backwards step. Though Triton built on what the Trinity had, Triton is not a proper successor to Trinity. It really starts with the filter. There are sounds in the Trinity I cannot reproduce on a Triton. There are not many modern Korgs I have not outright owned: Monopoly, Poly 800 (and a Mk2), Wavestation, M1, T3, X3, 01/W, Trinity, Triton, Triton Extreme (just recently sold...regret that too), M3, and Kronos (and Kronos 2).

I have always viewed the Triton as the 01/W update.

Exactly. Trinity is it's own unique beast and is arguably the best ROMpler of the bunch. The filter is so nice. I have a TR rack, Triton and 03R/W.

Return to “Instruments”