Wish someone would make a drum plug-in as good as Geist 2.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Only reason I can think as to why we don't have a proper Geist substitute yet is this: Geist must've had as much code in it as a DAW. It basically was a DAW.

I do hope one of these existing drum products, or perhaps a new one, eventually gets near the level of Geist.

martiu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:33 pm Atlas > geist
No, not really, though it has potential.

You can't have a set of patterns they are all individual, so you can't easily have variations.

The levels all start too high by default and clip DAW output.

The sequence GUI is really a bit clunky somehow, you can't easily draw in rhythm on multiple samples.

The sample cloud functionality is pretty good for exploring a large library and creating kits. The built in sample library is pretty good.

And the drum cell controls are not well connected... No visual envelopes, and not much fun to play with.

It's got potential though. It's great if you just want to fire up a rough rhythm to get a track started. Falls over a bit when you get to the mixing stage, as hard to fine tune samples.

They should take some inspiration from Battery and Bitwig drum machine.

martiu wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:33 pm Atlas > geist
Not a chance. Used both extensively.

Triaz native coming soon.

Seriously though. What are the chances for Battery 5? They already have the tech. Built in step sequencer is already in Maschine software. They just need to fuse the two. And make it green like Battery 3. Definitely make it look like Battery 3 please, but in high res and with a step sequencer. I don’t care how much people are slagging NI off. They know their DSP

NI's best new drum stuff is made out of house like Session Percussionist in collaboration with Drumasonic which is has some clever sequence stuff behind the hood and sounds great so certainly not knocking that. It looks very much like they are going down the paid expansions route and just going to endlessly gouge us with variations of drum packages rather than one all-in-one drum library like Battery. So we will inevitably get new Session Drum expansions like Session Rock/Hip Hop/Pop/EDM etc. I'm calling time on Battery lol...

Is there no way to authorise Geist now FXPansion's servers are down?

Geist for me about slicing and groove creation from non-drum samples. I rarely used it for drums. I can't think of a replacement.. Good thing it's still working in my studio.

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

People claiming Atlas is somehow greater than Geist 2.... clearly never once actually used Geist 2.

Geists sequencer was incredible, very Elektron like with probability etc.
Damn I miss it!

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:37 pm Is there no way to authorise Geist now FXPansion's servers are down?
They are not? I just now downloaded and authorized Geist 2. Or were you specifically talking about Geist 1? I don't know about that one.

RichN wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:51 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:37 pm Is there no way to authorise Geist now FXPansion's servers are down?
They are not? I just now downloaded and authorized Geist 2. Or were you specifically talking about Geist 1? I don't know about that one.
Their site just redirects to ROLI so how did you do that? I can't access any of my product keys either.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am
RichN wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:51 am
Their site just redirects to ROLI so how did you do that? I can't access any of my product keys either.
I'm using the url I've always used: https://www.fxpansion.com
In my case it doesn't redirect to Roli; it's still the old FXpansion site. And I can access my account and all my downloads and serials.

Someone DID make a drum plugin better than Guru/Geist1-2...

I guess everybody missed out on Devine Machine Pro either the VST or the Standalone. The Guru/Geist line was but a specter of what this does despite it's unfortunate 'Alien GUI' it is beyond amazing...

Way amazing compared to anything else...

Return to “Instruments”