Wish someone would make a drum plug-in as good as Geist 2.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

eLawnMust wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:37 pm Someone DID make a drum plugin better than Guru/Geist1-2...

I guess everybody missed out on Devine Machine Pro either the VST or the Standalone. The Guru/Geist line was but a specter of what this does despite it's unfortunate 'Alien GUI' it is beyond amazing...

Way amazing compared to anything else...
Lush GUI!

Yeah it has many panels & each is rich in function>>>

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:12 am
RichN wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:51 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:37 pm Is there no way to authorise Geist now FXPansion's servers are down?
They are not? I just now downloaded and authorized Geist 2. Or were you specifically talking about Geist 1? I don't know about that one.
Their site just redirects to ROLI so how did you do that? I can't access any of my product keys either.
i just re-downloaded Geist 1 and 2 and Tremor from the fxpansion site, the product keys are there too
all the expansions are still there to download and all the synths'n'effects i bought are still there too

This is nuts - every time I enter Fxpansion.com it takes me to the ROLI support page

Ok now I know it's there I tried using Google to find the site and that worked, thanks, I just assumed because of the redirect it was gone for good

Installed Geist 1 and 2 on my new DAW, but I got too many bugs. Really miss my favorite drum machine ☹

vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:07 pm Triaz native coming soon.
If they use the same activation as for their reverb plugins you will get a very annoying copy protection in my opinion. I like their stuff quality wise, but I can't buy plugins that have online activation and no way to deactivate. At least the last time I checked, it was like this.

I'm a bit disappointed with the direction they've taken as plugin developers, to be honest.

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Geist1 and Geist2 were some of my favourite things to work on. There was some ideas I had for it that made it in, and the development around it was just really creative and loads of conversations and team work went into it. Le sighhhhhhhhhhh. Still miss FXpansion - what a great place to work for. Doubt any of the team will ever have that experience again.

To my knowledge, there isn't anybody at ROLI who knows the codebase. I imagine it would be quite an expensive challenge to get any of the ROLI devs up to speed with Geist. The last one who knew anything about it currently works with me on the BFD team!!!

I think it is dead folks :(
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

i still use. i wish i bought tremor on that steam sale years ago...
all works fine, but yes the activation windows can be very annoying.
at least tremor works 30mins for some sampling. they should combine geist and tremor into one mchine. :D

geist2 is still easy on autochopping drumloops, then edit tails and transients positions, check the length and save your project. done in less than 2mins for further refinements, fast for short experiments with loops

still use Geist 1 and 2, great plugins
i just bought Wave Alchemy Triaz and that's really great

Just chiming in to say Geist 1 is the GOAT. Nothing touches it.

Hopefully Triaz can give it a run for it's money - it's the closest we've come but there is a long way to go before it can even match it.

Baffling that no one has tried to match Geist in all these years, there is a market for it I'd say.

Kappa_Beta_Hi-Phi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm Just chiming in to say Geist 1 is the GOAT. Nothing touches it.

Hopefully Triaz can give it a run for it's money - it's the closest we've come but there is a long way to go before it can even match it.

Baffling that no one has tried to match Geist in all these years, there is a market for it I'd say.
In many respects I think Triaz already surpasses Geist, which I owned and sold many years ago now (and never really regretted btw). It was great sure, but for me kinda did too much. I remember feeling like I had to wrestle it into submission every time I used it. I feel like Triaz brings most of what Geist brought in a much more streamlined and useable package. If you're still yearning for a Geist replacement but haven't checked Triaz out yet, you probably should.

Kappa_Beta_Hi-Phi wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 pm Just chiming in to say Geist 1 is the GOAT. Nothing touches it.

Didn't use either of Geist very much, but remember that i liked the layout in Geist 1 waaay more then Geist 2. Really a special plugin.

Return to “Instruments”