[Dutch Tech House] Stikkers - Glad You Came

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/stikkers/glad-you-came-v2

All drums made with D16 Drumazon 2, and all synths with UVI Digital Synsations!

I like this! Something to move my feet to. The sounds are well-defined. I like how clear everything is. Great energy!
"The Law speaks too softly to be heard amid the din of arms." -- Gaius Marius {Roman consul,soldier}

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Very creative and inspiring. Also a bit dirty.

kvruser1000 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:43 pm Very creative and inspiring. Also a bit dirty.
Thank you!

Why does everyone want to make their track as loud as possible? From what I learned its based on compression but I aint sure at all, if it is the case its based on compression then you have to understand you are butchering your audio file. Its better to get it a bit more silent, most online stores even put the volume LOWER of your track, mostly -14.
But thats only from what I have read so I can be wrong...
I do not understand why people find it important that their song is loud when it takes away all the small details in a song...
BUT thats just my personal opinion.

Other then that the track sounds nice, but the voice recording could be a bit louder in the mix I think...

Just my own personal opinion

All the sounds were in perfect harmony and sounded great

Well mixed, solid track.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

JimBetaOriginal wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:03 am Why does everyone want to make their track as loud as possible? From what I learned its based on compression but I aint sure at all, if it is the case its based on compression then you have to understand you are butchering your audio file. Its better to get it a bit more silent, most online stores even put the volume LOWER of your track, mostly -14.
But thats only from what I have read so I can be wrong...
I do not understand why people find it important that their song is loud when it takes away all the small details in a song...
BUT thats just my personal opinion.

Other then that the track sounds nice, but the voice recording could be a bit louder in the mix I think...

Just my own personal opinion
Hi Jim, your post has some advice, but also a lot of assumptions. To start off, I never said that I want to make my track as loud as possible. If I were it would be a lot louder, believe me :) This track is only -6.8 short term LUFS. I've made tracks in certain genres that go to -3 short term LUFS. Here, i chose not to go that far, but just adapt to what is common in this genre. -14 is definitely not common for house music. It could be common for a streaming platform, but I don't produce music with a certain platform in mind. Also, those platforms will automatically reduce the volume for me, won't they? The second assumption you make is that this loudness can be reached through compression. Compression doesn't really make a track louder, it shapes the sound through it's envelopes. What made this track louder is the use of saturation/distortion and clipping. Third assumption is that I think it's important that my song is loud. This is not true. As I said, i'm just adapting to what is common, and I don't think songs sound bad when mixed loud, at least not at -6.8 short term LUFS. Thanks for your advice about the volume of the vocal, i'll take it and will check out if more people come back with this advice and then change the balance in the mix!

Have a nice day!
Rutger

Return to “Music Cafe”