Mirror - New 8-voice Synth from Moog!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:58 pm Prophet 6, Trigon 6, and OB-6 keyboards are each $3500 and only 6 voices, so the Mirror will be an attractive competitor. A desktop module/rack version would certainly get my attention.
Yeah, and a few years ago I might have been able to generate some excitement about those. Not so much these days.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:52 pm I can't wait to spend four grand on an eight voice synthesizer.
Do I sense a certain cynical undercurrent? :P

ghettosynth wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:52 pm I can't wait to spend four grand on an eight voice synthesizer.
:hihi:

cryophonik wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:58 pm Prophet 6, Trigon 6, and OB-6 keyboards are each $3500 and only 6 voices, so the Mirror will be an attractive competitor. A desktop module/rack version would certainly get my attention.
Can't wait for the Trigon-4 and Trigon-12 to come out (this is my delusional fantasy speaking).
<List your stupid gear here>

Evolver-6

Uncle E wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:40 pmEvolver-6
I've had saved cash for a poly for quite some time now. Novation Summit has me more and more tempted as I hear more from it.

A good polyevolver update would be very hard not to get.

_leras wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:52 am
Uncle E wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:40 pmEvolver-6
I've had saved cash for a poly for quite some time now. Novation Summit has me more and more tempted as I hear more from it.

A good polyevolver update would be very hard not to get.
To each their own, for certain. No hardware synth has disappointed me more or made me more bored than a Peak. A Peak x2 probably wouldn't be any better for me.

I set out to get a Peak as my first polysynth. And then I used one. And quickly moved on. I strongly preferred the Korg XD vs. the Peak, for example. A Peak may be good for people who don't use good software synths (e.g., "dawless").

To be fair, many people dislike my polysynth of choice, too, which is why I said it's "to each their own".

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:28 am To be fair, many people dislike my polysynth of choice, too, which is why I said it's "to each their own".
What's your polysynth of choice?

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:23 am
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:28 am To be fair, many people dislike my polysynth of choice, too, which is why I said it's "to each their own".
What's your polysynth of choice?
OB-6

I’m curious about this forthcoming synth from Moog. Currently if i didn’t have the OB-6 I think it’d be the Trigon-6.

OB-6 > Trigon-6 > Prophet-6, IMO. Trigon-6 and Prophet-6 are more aggressive, OB-6 is more fat.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:16 pm OB-6 > Trigon-6 > Prophet-6, IMO. Trigon-6 and Prophet-6 are more aggressive, OB-6 is more fat.
I have to say, I got excited about the Trigon-6 but honestly it's like you mention, not that thick sounding for being a 3 osc synth. At least the demos I've heard, no store has them locally. The OBX-8, wonder what people think of it compared to the OB-6?

OB-X8 is a different sound. Brighter/airier but still fat. I liked it more than I thought I would, given how little I like OB-Xa’s.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:52 pm OB-X8 is a different sound. Brighter/airier but still fat. I liked it more than I thought I would, given how little I like OB-Xa’s.
Isn't it internally wired to mimic the behaviors of three different synths though? the OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8.

Yes but the VCO’s are discrete in all cases. No Curtis chip VCO like the OB-Xa and OB-8.

Wouldn't know if this is genuine but it's out there anyway
https://gearspace.com/board/showpost.ph ... tcount=946

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”