Mirror - New 8-voice Synth from Moog!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://synthanatomy.com/2024/02/moog-s ... -bowl.html

Funny, when they showed one of the overhead shots of the band during the SB halftime show, I saw the keyboardist playing something that looked like a Phatty series, but I don't think it was this one,... or was it?

Last edited by cryophonik on Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

oh... looks interesting!

Hmm, whatever it is, I have an urge to want it already.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:14 pm Hmm, whatever it is, I have an urge to want it already.
Will probably Cost around $7500-$9000 with that extra Moog Tax we all are used to :party:

Now that Inmusic is owning moog we might get a surprise on the pricing but i doubt it since they probably want some of their investments back.
Last edited by D-Fusion on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-Fusion wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:14 pm Hmm, whatever it is, I have an urge to want it already.
Will probably Cost around $7500-$9000 with that extra Moog Tax we all are used to :party:
Moog are owned by inMusic now- could be cheap and made in China! inMusic own Akia, MAudio, Alesis etc..all pretty cheap brands.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:54 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm
Moog are owned by inMusic now- could be cheap and made in China! inMusic own Akia, MAudio, Alesis etc..all pretty cheap brands.
That is true and you wrote when i was changing my post :)
So only time will tell what it is and what the pricing will be :tu:

Yeah, even at $2000 that's more than I'm willing to pay. Will probably be $3000 as a "cheaper" alternative to the Moog One.

Whatever it is, I'd only be interested if they release a rack/desktop version. But, it looks exciting anyway.

Looking at the few features we can see, I'm going to guess it's a 6-voice poly to compete with the Sequential "6-series", probably in the $3K range. But, we'll see....
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Whatever it is, good to see Moog releasing a new synths after being acquired.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Maybe Behringer Polysource/Memory will now suddenly get a faster release cycle.

egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 pm Maybe Behringer Polysource/Memory will now suddenly get a faster release cycle.
Or what if... Moog is releasing their own copy of the Polysource and just Behringer'ed the &%$* out of Behringer! :o :o :o

Well, indeed, depends on the price. Maybe they can do it at the price of a DeepMind 12? Currently £669 in UK. Nah, look at the quality of the keyboard and layout, and the nice wooden sides. It's going to be in the sequential bracket sadly.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:47 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:44 pm Maybe Behringer Polysource/Memory will now suddenly get a faster release cycle.
Or what if... Moog is releasing their own copy of the Polysource and just Behringer'ed the &%$* out of Behringer! :o :o :o
it's the new moog meepmind

SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:54 pm Moog are owned by inMusic now- could be cheap and made in China! inMusic own Akia, MAudio, Alesis etc..all pretty cheap brands.
Everything is made in China, you might have it assembled in x country, but the parts are chinese.
InMusic IMO very obviously tier their brands. For instance you lumped Akai in there and I wouldn't call them cheap, neither price nor quality. Moog will probably stay the same.

machinesworking wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:56 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:54 pm Moog are owned by inMusic now- could be cheap and made in China! inMusic own Akia, MAudio, Alesis etc..all pretty cheap brands.
Everything is made in China, you might have it assembled in x country, but the parts are chinese.
InMusic IMO very obviously tier their brands. For instance you lumped Akai in there and I wouldn't call them cheap, neither price nor quality. Moog will probably stay the same.
Akai products are cheap compared to Moog! Moog always made a big deal about being made (including the parts) in the USA for the most part...

.....but each one is made by hand in its factory using metal sourced from Missouri and wood from Tennessee. In fact, with the exception of a few circuit boards and hard-to-find components, every piece of every Moog synth is sourced from the USA....

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”