Mirror - New 8-voice Synth from Moog!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Below the Matriarch at 2024 Superbowl.

<List your stupid gear here>

I'm a lot more optimistic about Moog's future than I was when they first announced the acquisition. It sounds like InMusic are going to take a bit of a hands off approach when it comes to their products and mainly provide distribution and marketing support.
From what I understand they brought in Erik Norlander to head up product dev. That's a name I respect a lot (he was helping the Sound Machines folks with IK's Uno line if I remember correctly).

egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:14 pm Below the Matriarch at 2024 Superbowl.

Oh yeah, so I did see a Phatty (upper right)! I just caught a glimpse of that, but didn't notice the Matriarch or the one below it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

A 4 part multi-timbral, 8 voice Poly Moog would be very hard to resist!!

egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:14 pm Below the Matriarch at 2024 Superbowl.

rick wakeman was on at the superbowl?

Needs more cape :hihi:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

UPDATE: according to the latest info, the name will be Moog Mirror, will have 8 voices, and will be based on the Moog Matriarch architecture. Plus, presets and effects.
https://synthanatomy.com/2024/02/moog-s ... -bowl.html

SLiC wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:54 pm
D-Fusion wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:52 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:14 pm Hmm, whatever it is, I have an urge to want it already.
Will probably Cost around $7500-$9000 with that extra Moog Tax we all are used to :party:
Moog are owned by inMusic now- could be cheap and made in China!
No way.

egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:59 pm
UPDATE: according to the latest info, the name will be Moog Mirror, will have 8 voices, and will be based on the Moog Matriarch architecture. Plus, presets and effects.
OK, I'm upping my cost guess to $4.5K.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:03 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:59 pm
OK, I'm upping my cost guess to $4.5K.
Yeah, I'm thinking $3500-$4000 At least. People will still buy it.

If it's "based on the Matriarch architecture", that means 8 oscillators into 1 filter. Nothing wrong with paraphonic synths, but don't I own this already? Hmmm... oh yeah! The Korg Poly-800 MkII! Phew. That's $4500 saved. :)

pdxindy wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:44 pm A 4 part multi-timbral, 8 voice Poly Moog would be very hard to resist!!
They definitely need another poly!

Updated the thread title to reflect what we know so far…

Old Norse wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:30 pm If it's "based on the Matriarch architecture", that means 8 oscillators into 1 filter.
8 voice synth with 2 osc's per voice is 16 oscillators... and going into 8 filters.

I'm only posting so that the thread title turns black when I scroll.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”