TAL-Pha Released! Alpha Juno II Emulation from TAL-Software

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Pha

It's really not really whining or entitlement to expect a software company to let you know it's updating a product that you bought from them. Plenty of them manage it just fine. And to point these things out doesn't constitute ingratitude at the fact the developer is providing updates.

>> It's really not really whining or entitlement to expect a software company to let you know it's updating a product that you bought from them. >>

Well, due to GPDR it might be, I guess, maybe pay a visit to your preferred EU administration member and discuss this with that person

I think whether it's entitled to ask for some kind of update notification depends on the tone of the request. If you're chill and just like "hey it'd be cool to have X, cheers" then any feature request is good in my book, but if you're all indignant... not so much.

steff3 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:20 pmWell, due to GPDR it might be
It's not :tu:

Btw, is anyone experiencing a bug with recall of certain presets? I made a variant of the hoover preset (how could I not?) and sometimes when I load it it has a weird phasing sound.

ARP - Mode

Set Range to 1 and play 4 notes. Now "Up" means: notes are played in the same order as pressed, "Down" means: play in reverse order as pressed.

Is the original (hardware) ARP working in the same way?

EDIT: Original did NOT have an ARP !?
Last edited by Chris-S on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:40 pm It's really not really whining or entitlement to expect a software company to let you know it's updating a product that you bought from them. Plenty of them manage it just fine. And to point these things out doesn't constitute ingratitude at the fact the developer is providing updates.
But it IS. And it DOES! The developer posts the update information to his website. What are you expecting, a personal phone call?! When the product was purchased, was there anything in the agreement that mentioned specific forms of notification that would be guaranteed to be delivered, and in a timely manner? Don't you realize that all of this entitled complaining is demoralizing to a developer that gives so much of his heart and soul to his business? I love visiting the web site! I love reading the news in the posts. But I don't find it necessary to check every day. I don't find it necessary to complain because I have to go check the web site in order to see the news. Yes, it really IS whining AND entitlement to behave in such a way. Yes, things of this sort do in fact constitute ingratitude. Why don't you ask the developer to set up a subscription where you pay a monthly fee and he gives you a personal call if there's an update. If you want extraordinary service, you need to be willing to pay the developer for his time. Sounds fair to me. :roll:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:27 pm What are you expecting, a personal phone call?
Just an email would be fine. As for the rest, chill the f**k out :tu:

Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:49 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:27 pm What are you expecting, a personal phone call?
Just an email would be fine. As for the rest, chill the f**k out :tu:
I'm chill. I just hate the whining. :tu:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I'd say Vortifex's only misstep is the word "expect". I think if you just frame the whole thing as a polite suggestion and can deal with a reasonably polite response either way, it's usually a nice interaction. I was emailing with Patrick about a topic as esoteric as TAL-Pha's Reason Remote compatibility and he had absolutely no obligation to give me the time of day and he was totally engaging and professional and fixed my thing in 1.1.8.

You know, I think I actually prefer if plugins or developers don't notify me of updates. Take Eventide Audio for example. Every friggin' time I visit my account on their site, I see that all of my 8 (or so) plugins have an update. Since Eventide don't have one of those fancy installation manager applications, I have to download and install all of the 8 updates manually. And then consider that you have to do that with your 200 plus plugins.

Most of my plugins don't eat my cat, or destroy my computer when I use them in an older version. And, for the plugins which have just been released, and are "hot out of the press", I don't think it's asked too much to occasionally check for updates, as there probably are some, when the plugin is new.

Or... you use the new KVR Studio Manager, and hope that the database is current.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 am Take Eventide Audio for example. Every friggin' time I visit my account on their site, I see that all of my 8 (or so) plugins have an update. Since Eventide don't have one of those fancy installation manager applications, I have to download and install all of the 8 updates manually.
You can just download the Anthology XII installer and then select only the plugins you want to install, when you run it.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads ... hology+XII

If all 8 of your plugins are included in a smaller bundle (Clockworks, H9, etc.), you could download that in place of Anthology.

The only plugin you would need to download separately is the discontinued 2016 Stereo Room, but they don't seem to be updating it anymore, anyways. They got it up to Apple Silicon, though, which was really cool of them to do.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Am update/install manager would be pretty awesome for tal since they update so often. I do spend a bit of time downloading all the updates from their site.

chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 am You know, I think I actually prefer if plugins or developers don't notify me of updates. Take Eventide Audio for example. Every friggin' time I visit my account on their site, I see that all of my 8 (or so) plugins have an update. Since Eventide don't have one of those fancy installation manager applications, I have to download and install all of the 8 updates manually. And then consider that you have to do that with your 200 plus plugins.

Most of my plugins don't eat my cat, or destroy my computer when I use them in an older version. And, for the plugins which have just been released, and are "hot out of the press", I don't think it's asked too much to occasionally check for updates, as there probably are some, when the plugin is new.

Or... you use the new KVR Studio Manager, and hope that the database is current.
I agree.
The only time i Check for updates is when i discover a bug or i see that there is some new functions added or if i am doing a new Disk Image of my setup after adding a new Vst.

just setup an alert with :
https://www.google.com/alerts

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:59 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 am Take Eventide Audio for example. Every friggin' time I visit my account on their site, I see that all of my 8 (or so) plugins have an update. Since Eventide don't have one of those fancy installation manager applications, I have to download and install all of the 8 updates manually.
You can just download the Anthology XII installer and then select only the plugins you want to install, when you run it.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/downloads ... hology+XII

If all 8 of your plugins are included in a smaller bundle (Clockworks, H9, etc.), you could download that in place of Anthology.
Thanks, I will check it out.

Return to “Instruments”