TAL-Pha Released! Alpha Juno II Emulation from TAL-Software

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Pha

ReiKru wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:33 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:07 pm 1.1.8 is out now which fixes some loud pops that were audible when changing presets introduced in 1.1.6. At least on x86 systems.
Where did you get this Info from?
This top secret information about the new update? I reported an issue to Patrick yesterday, he fixed it today, alerted me, and posted a change log for said update on his site.

Here's the Change Log entry:
Version 1.1.8 / 11.03.2024
Pops when switching presets fixed (problem was introduced with version 1.1.6).

Version 1.1.6 / 01.03.2024
Massive CPU optimization (especially for x64 systems).

ReiKru wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:33 pm Where did you get this Info from?
All of the plugins get updated rather quickly and often, there's no update notices, except users posting it here, and no emails or anything. You just have to check the product pages change logs once or twice a week to keep up.

mothra wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:04 pm
All of the plugins get updated rather quickly and often, there's no update notices, except users posting it here, and no emails or anything. You just have to check the product pages change logs once or twice a week to keep up.
This is my biggest issue with TAL, it would so simple to add notifications to his plugins, after all, the dude seems to be constantly updating them.

Yes, and that's annoying. A single page containing all the news would be helpful and save us 10 minutes twice a week browsing around.

ralfrobert wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:06 pm
Yes, and that's annoying. A single page containing all the news would be helpful and save us 10 minutes twice a week browsing around.
We shouldn't have to be wasting our time checking forums for updates.
In plugin notifications are getting more common, and is a great solution if you cannot send an email.

ddmf does the plugin notification.... I don't use them often enough, but when I do and that comes up, I find it super annoying...
and that is the issue, there is no one fix solution.
rsp
sound sculptist

simmo75 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:14 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:06 pm
We shouldn't have to be wasting our time checking forums for updates.
In plugin notifications are getting more common, and is a great solution if you cannot send an email.
I just would like to save a bit of time and recurring effort. As I am mostly offline, a centralized announcement page would be better for me.

ralfrobert wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:18 pm ............ a centralized announcement page would be better for me.
Me too.
rsp
sound sculptist

I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&gl=US to monitor the changelogs. Takes a few minutes to set up but then that's it. Presumably similar things on other platforms.

Wow! Such entitlement from a lot of you! Instead of being happy that the developer is working hard and constantly updating, you guys are whining about not being notified?! For something that takes a couple of minutes to check? Just WOW!

:roll:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

gauderbock wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:28 pm I use https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l=en&gl=US to monitor the changelogs. Takes a few minutes to set up but then that's it. Presumably similar things on other platforms.
I think you can do something similar with Google.

Or you could use the new KVR Studio Manager:
https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-studio-manager

Not sure how quickly the TAL plugin versions update on the KVR database, but it seems pretty current at the moment.

audiojunkie wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:23 pm Wow! Such entitlement from a lot of you! Instead of being happy that the developer is working hard and constantly updating, you guys are whining about not being notified?! For something that takes a couple of minutes to check? Just WOW!

:roll:
More like 30 seconds to check, really. One of the things I really like about TAL is that none of their plugins open a connection to or require the internet in any way (as far as I know at least) and I'd hate to see that change for anything. In an world where so much software has incrementally encroached on users by requiring endless download managers, constantly phoning home, and keeping users on a short internet authorization leash, I am more than happy to take the time to go check for updates if it means not potentially opening the door to any of that stuff. But that's just me.

Because I'm sick I enjoy going to TAL's site on a nearly daily basis for the frequent updates.

I do the same, looking for TAL-JX-8P.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”