What is the best ssd to use in my MPC X?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the largest drive it can recognize?

I have a 256gb Samsung ssd in my live 2, that's over 10 years old now. Good enough for me, sure anything is going to work. But for peace of mind get a decent make. Are you really gonna fill 256gb with samples? :o that's just insanity! Imagine trying to find something in that lot, you'll be scrolling for a week :lol:

sl23 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:14 pm I have a 256gb Samsung ssd in my live 2, that's over 10 years old now. Good enough for me, sure anything is going to work. But for peace of mind get a decent make. Are you really gonna fill 256gb with samples? :o that's just insanity! Imagine trying to find something in that lot, you'll be scrolling for a week :lol:
Samples accumulate quicker than you think. My backups of them are currently between 1.25-1.5 terabyte.
If you're running just percussion samples, then 256gb maybe good, but not for other instruments. And whatever you think you need and plan for should be doubled as a general rule IMO.

You could also use an SD card -- more convenient for me to be able to remove it and take it over to a computer for file transfer.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”